The Heart Center at Children’s Health℠ offers a comprehensive program of specialized care for children with congenital and acquired heart diseases. Ranking among the country’s top cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery programs, a multidisciplinary group of subspecialists works together to meet the full range of pediatric cardiac needs, including:
- Prenatal consultation
- Non-invasive diagnostic imaging
- Interventional catheterization
- Electrophysiology (including catheter ablation and device therapy)
- Preventive cardiology
- Cardiothoracic surgery (including heart transplantation and congenital heart defect repair)
With nearly 13,000 outpatient clinic encounters and over 900 inpatient admissions in 2014 alone, Children’s Medical Center is a leader in all aspects of pediatric cardiac care, with outcomes that rank among the country’s elite programs and accomplishments including:
- As the only pediatric ventricular assist device (VAD) program in North Texas, Children’s Medical Center offers a comprehensive range of devices and is pioneering work to make advanced technologies available to small children.
- Using the Society of Thoracic Surgeons’ European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery Congenital Heart Surgery Mortality (STAT) categories, Children’s Medical Center exceeds median survival rates in all forms of heart surgery.
- An international class transplant program representing some of the best outcomes in the state.
- A dedicated support program for parents of single ventricle patients that has significantly decreased interstage mortality.
- Catheterization labs with advanced technology that decreases patients’ radiation exposure. This technology is only available in a handful of centers across the country.
- An award-winning medical transport team with certification in all modes of transport (helicopter, airplane and ambulance) from the Association of Air Medical Services.
Why Children's Health℠?
The Heart Center's team of professionals includes cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiac intensivists, neonatologists and cardiac anesthesiologists. In addition to providing the highest quality clinical and surgical care, we are committed to improving the health of children everywhere by sharing our innovations and research. A vital component of our program at the Heart Center is our commitment to provide detailed cardiac education and support services for our patients and their families.
Watch the below to learn more about our Heart Center.
Leading the Way in Cardiac Care
At Children’s Medical Center Dallas, the flagship hospital of Children’s Health℠, our Heart Center performs the highest volume of pediatric heart transplants in Texas. With cutting edge research and clinical and academic programs led by UT Southwestern faculty, we’re proud to be a leader in all aspects of pediatric cardiac care, including outcomes that rank among the country’s elite programs.
Meet Robert Jaquiss, M.D., Division Director, Pediatric and Congenital Cardiothoracic Surgery and Co-Director of The Heart Center.
The Heart Center hopes its practices can be used as educational tools for other cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiology professionals.
Children's has established itself as a leader in the care of pediatric cardiovascular procedures with outcome statistics that rank among the national leaders