We also provide pediatric cardiology services to patients in Abliene, TX at the Abilene Regional Medical Center Heart & Vascular Institute (325) 428-2900.
We treat all pediatric congenital and acquired heart conditions, but these are among the most common we treat.
Learning your child has a heart condition can turn your world upside down. At the Heart Center at Children’s Health℠, we’re here to give you honest answers and first-rate medical expertise. We provide all the care your child needs, along with essential education and resources to support your family every step of the way.
Our nationally renowned team of pediatric cardiologists and subspecialists treats the whole spectrum of pediatric heart problems, with a commitment to excellence. We provide expert diagnosis and effective treatment for infants and children with congenital and acquired heart diseases with compassion and high quality care.
Specialized Pediatric Care
We’re deeply in tune with the unique needs of our patients, and we’re here to help you meet the challenges that may come with heart problems – from prenatal care to adulthood. Patients and their families benefit from our:
- Collaborative approach, full-service care: Our expert multidisciplinary team includes cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, cardiac ICU Physicians, and cardiac anesthesiologists ensuring families are in the best hands for their child’s cardiac care.
- World-class facility: Our state-of-the-art Heart Center includes imaging suites, surgical and procedure rooms, clinics and labs. You can feel confident that every aspect of your child’s cardiac care will be seamlessly coordinated within our walls. Our 32 bed cardiac intensive care unit (CICU) is one of the largest dedicated CICUs in the country.
- State of the art technologies and novel strategies: Using the latest MRI technology, only available in a handful of centers nationwide, we can minimize patients’ radiation exposure. We even offer “radiation-free” cardiac catheterization in selected cases. Our fetal heart program is the first in the country to receive an elite certification for fetal cardiac monitoring. Our home monitoring program, Safe at Home, has improved the survival of our most vulnerable patients after leaving the hospital.
- Family support services: With an individualized and personal approach, we are completely committed to caring for not only the patient, but also the family. Once we confirm a diagnosis, we sit down with patients and their families to explain in detail what care their child will need now and down the road, as well as how a diagnosis may affect their lives. A dedicated social worker helps coordinate housing, if necessary, and provides resources to support families so they can focus on caring for their child. Our team also includes Child Life Specialists, Pastoral Care, Developmental Specialists, Learning Specialists and a psychologist to ensure our families are well-supported from every aspect. We know that the treatment and recovery for children with heart conditions is best, fastest, and most complete when their families are involved and present.
Pediatric Cardiac Care Excellence
With nearly 13,000 outpatient clinic encounters, almost 1,000 inpatient admissions and close to 600 cardiac surgeries every year, Children’s Health is a leader in all aspects of pediatric cardiac care.
- National rankings: U.S. News & World Report recognized Children’s Health as one of the nation’s top pediatric hospitals and our heart program among the top 15 pediatric cardiology and heart surgery programs in the country.
- Top-notch clinicians: Our nationally and internationally renowned Heart Team has a passion for mending hearts. It’s evident in everything they do. When they’re not treating patients, our clinicians serve as editors of peer-reviewed journals, lead multi-center clinical trials and advance the field of heart care in countless ways.
- Research and innovation: In addition to providing the highest quality clinical and surgical care, we are committed to improving the health of children everywhere by sharing our innovations and research. Our partnership with UT Southwestern means our specialists are helping to drive pediatric research efforts and offer the latest treatments.
- Education: As part of a world class Heart Center at a world class medical center, our faculty are deeply committed to training the next generation of leaders in pediatric cardiac care. We are proud to have educated generations of practitioners, researchers, and educators