Nursing: Inspired by our past to create our future.
Since our beginnings as the Dallas Baby Camp in 1913, nurses at Children's Health have been committed to delivering world-class patient care. I am both proud and humbled by the excellence demonstrated by our nurses every day, as they work tirelessly to care for the children in our community.
Our nurses are inspirational, innovative and influential:
- They are working with nurses in schools across North Texas to better coordinate care for children with asthma, including providing color-coded flags to fly at elementary schools that alert teachers and parents to the day’s air quality
- Our nurses developed a pediatric PIV infiltration assessment tool, and hospitals around the world continue to request access to the tool to better care for children in their facilities
- They are recognized nationally for their work on reducing central-line associated blood stream infections
- They are studying better ways to care for children following stem cell transplant and how to better manage pain in pediatric trauma patients
- Our nurses are in the community, educating adult care providers on how to best care for children experiencing life-threatening emergencies
Additionally, since 2009, Children’s Medical Center Dallas and Children’s Medical Center Plano have maintained the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s prestigious Magnet designation, the gold standard for high quality nursing care. We look forward to featuring our nursing achievements for these campuses, as well as Our Children’s House, as we pursue our 3rd designation in 2018.
Mary Stowe MS, RN, NEA-BC
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer