International Patient Services
International Patient Care Team
As one of the largest pediatric health care providers in the United States, Children's Health℠ is dedicated exclusively to comprehensive and specialized care for children – regardless of where you call home.
What We Do
As an international patient family at Children’s Health, you’ll be guided through your medical journey by our International Patient Care Team, who will ensure you feel prepared and supported every step of the way.
Our personalized assistance includes:
- Assessment of your child’s medical records prior to arrival
- Estimate of medical service cost based on proposed treatment plan
- Verification of insurance coverage or arrangements for self-payment
- Provision of letter confirming your child’s treatment plan to assist with medical visa applications
- Information regarding lodging and transportation, including area hotels offering discounted rates and our shuttle service
- Scheduling physician appointments, assistance with hospital admission procedures and arrangement for follow-up appointments
- Arrangement for language assistance during office visits, physician consultations, examinations, and medical and surgical procedures
- Follow up for your child’s future medical needs
- Coordination among your family and physicians at home
Becoming a Patient
To help our team recommend the most comprehensive plan of care for your child, please send an email to CHSTinternationalprogram@childrens.com that includes:
- Completed International Intake Form (View in Spanish) and any documentation requested within it
- Completed Authorization for Use or Disclosure of Protected Health Information (View in Spanish)
- Completed Request for Release of Protected Health Information (View in Spanish)
- Your child’s medical records, translated into English
Once received, we will carefully evaluate the information and provide you with an initial plan of care, as well as an estimated cost of care, which must be paid in full before services can be scheduled or rendered.
Please keep in mind that depending on your citizenship, you may also need to obtain a medical visa to be admitted into the United States for medical care. Learn more about the application process on the U.S. State Department website.
Please note that services cannot be scheduled or completed until Children’s Health receives full payment for the proposed services. Additionally, costs associated with international travel, including local lodging, food and transportation expenses, are the responsibility of the patient family.
Ver el texto completo de esta página web y el formulario de admisión internacional en español.