What is MyChart?
MyChart is an online medical records system used by many major health care systems including Children’s Health℠. MyChart provides a comprehensive digital dashboard of your child’s health care needs and can be accessed in English and Spanish, both online and via the free smartphone app.
What are the benefits of MyChart?
- Pre-check in
- Contactless check-in
- View and schedule appointments
- Request a school note
- Manage and request prescription refills
- Report recent travel history
- Access test results
- Secure messaging with your child’s care team
- Request and view medical records
- Pay bills online
I received a MyChart activation link. What do I do next?
If you received a MyChart activation email or text during a recent visit, be sure to click on the activation link to complete the MyChart signup process. You will only use this activation link once to log into MyChart for the first time.
You will be asked to create your own unique MyChart username and password, and confirm your date of birth (not the patient’s date of birth). Please note: the activation link will expire in 30 days.
How do I register for MyChart?
- Click the button below.
- Fill out and submit the MyChart registration form.
- Children's Health will contact you with an account activation code.
How do I download the MyChart mobile app?
To get the app, download the MyChart Mobile app from the Apple App Store or MyChart for Android on Google play.
Once you download the MyChart mobile app, choose Children’s Health℠ from the Provider List.
- If you’ve already registered:
- Use the same MyChart ID and password you use on www.childrens.com/mychart
- If you need to register:
- Click the “Sign Up Now” button, and on the next page
- Scroll down and click the “Request Online link.”
- Complete and submit the form, you’ll hear from us in one business day.
- If you’ve already registered:
What is pre-check in?
Pre-check in is a feature available through MyChart that allows you to complete the check-in process before you arrive for your child’s appointment. You will receive a MyChart notification that pre-check in is available 24 hours prior to your appointment.
With pre-check in, you can:
- eSign consent forms.
- Update personal information and add additional contacts, such as a primary caregiver, as needed.
- Verify insurance information and upload a picture of your insurance card.
- Update and verify current health issues, medications and your pharmacy.
- Complete pre-visit questionnaires and report recent travel history.
- Make co-payments or pre-payments if available.
What is contactless check-in?
After completing the pre-check in process, you may be eligible for near contactless check-in. Near contactless check-in will reduce the amount of interactions you have during check-in.
Once you arrive for your appointment:
- Proceed to the check-in desk to confirm arrival.
- Answer screening questions.
- Receive a mask.
NEW: View education resources shared by your care team
A new feature has been added to the Children’s Health Patient Portal that keeps patients and families more informed about their care.
Children’s Health MyChart users can view education information sent by their care team, all in one place, and at their convenience, when logging into their Children’s Health MyChart account.
Watch short educational videos or read educational handouts specific to the patient’s condition, treatments, and medications by selecting “Patient Education” from the MyChart main menu. This allows patients and authorized caregivers to quickly view education materials their care team shares to their MyChart account, and at their own pace.