Family Advisor Network
The Children’s Health Family Advisor Network (FAN) is a positive, solutions-oriented collaborative of current and former Children’s Health patients, their families and our team members who use their unique perspectives and clinical and professional expertise to drive meaningful improvements to the patient experience. The valuable feedback and insights gleaned from FAN help Children’s Health as we strive to continually deliver the highest-quality, most compassionate care to the nearly 300,000 patient families we serve each year.
The Family Advisor Network (FAN) is a productive way for patients, families and team members to leverage their experiences with Children’s Health to provide guidance on how to improve the patient experience. We partner with patient families to ensure the patient experience is at the center of everything we do, and seek to:
- Identify issues
- Improve existing processes
- Generate new ideas on every aspect of the patient experience, including care delivery, services and amenities
- Assist in design planning for renovations and new facilities
- Provide a forum to openly discuss concerns and suggestions
- Objectively evaluate the quality of care provided
- Establish a robust two-way dialogue between patient families and care providers
- Advocate for the system’s consistent, meaningful engagement with patient families
How to Become a FAN
We thoughtfully evaluate and select candidates to serve as family advisors who share in our commitment to advancing the patient experience at Children’s Health. To begin the process:
- Fill out the online Family Advisor Application English | Spanish.
- If we move forward with your application based on your interests, availability and our current program needs – including our focus on thoroughly representing the diverse patient population we serve – we’ll follow up with you via phone or email.
- One of our biggest priorities in building the Family Advisory Network is to have participants who represent the diverse patient population we serve at Children’s Health. To help us achieve this, please let us know how you believe your perspective is unique, which can include experiences related your education, career, language, religion, race, ethnicity, where you live, sexual orientation or family structure.
- If you are selected to become a family advisor, we’ll perform a background screening and you’ll need to complete immunization checks (as needed), training and orientation and other requirements before beginning in your role.
Submit a Suggestion
Do you have an idea on how patient experience or care delivery could be improved, but aren’t able to sign on as a family advisor?
Thank you for your suggestion!
An unknown error occurred.Close X
Contact Our Team Directly
To contact our team directly, please send an email to FAN@childrens.com.