Andrews Institute Sports Physical Therapy Residency
Children’s Health℠ Andrews Institute Sport Residency is ideal for licensed physical therapists who are motivated to be leaders within the sports medicine field and desire to achieve a higher level of training and expertise. As a resident, you will receive a comprehensive clinical and didactic experience that will significantly advance your knowledge and skills in the delivery of sports physical therapy.
During the 12-month program, you will learn from clinical experts with advanced credentials and be a part of a dynamic team comprising the whole sports medicine continuum from athletic trainers, to orthopedic physicians, and performance coaches. You will also have the opportunity to participate in research with the potential to present at local or national conventions.
- Program Length: 12 Months
- Program Start: July 2022
- Application Open: October 2022
- Application Deadline: January 7, 2023
- Location: Children’s Health Andrews Institute
- Caseload: Consists of sports patients as defined in the APTA description of residency practice. Resident’s caseload is 90% of typical case load to account for mentoring and other obligations of residency program.
- Coverage: Minimum of 300 hours at local high schools and various athletic organizations
Residency Eligibility Requirements
- Active Texas PT license
- Current emergency medical responder (EMR), emergency medical response for the athlete (ERA), ATC, or EMT certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skills in scientific inquiry and writing
- Evidence of commitment to a career in sports physical therapy
- Connect with Andrews Institute Sports Physical Therapy Residency:
- 469-303-2508 Admissions Email