Family Resource Library
Children’s Health℠ focuses on a family-friendly environment to help make every child's stay as comfortable and convenient as possible. The libraries' goal is to provide an inviting place for patients and families to seek information about a diagnosis or treatment or to relax with leisure material.
From paying bills to accessing work or school our staff is dedicated to making life better for children by making sure families have a place to access reliable health information and stay connected with resources outside of the hospital if needed.
Each of our libraries has a wide selection of books, magazines, and brochures on a variety of health topics for children and adults. Some materials are available in Spanish.
To view our list of titles, log into the library catalog using the log-in information below:
- Username: CHILDRENS HEALTH (all caps and no apostrophe)
- Password: (leave blank)
Krissi Holman Family Resource Library
Children’s Medical Center Dallas
Main hospital 4th floor, C4 - 205,206
Judith Kaplan-Einstein Family Resource Library and Teen Center
Children’s Health℠ Specialty Center Dallas Campus
Lobby level across from the concierge desk next to the Gift Shop
Karahan Family Resource Library
Children’s Medical Center Plano
Additional Library Services
- Computers and iPads with internet access
- Printing, faxing and copying
- Laptop loan program
- Health brochures and pamphlet
- Family programs
- Health and social materials especially for adolescent’s ages 12-19 years are available at the Judith Kaplan-Einstein Family Resource Library at the Specialty Center Dallas Campus.
Need help finding reliable health information? Ask a librarian!
Do you want to know more about your child’s diagnosis? Do you a question about medicines or do you want to find a recipe that is diabetic friendly?
Our medical librarians can help you with finding specific health topics and sources of information regarding the health and wellness of your child and family. Please read our disclaimer before emailing us. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at one of our library locations.
Library Resources and Education Materials - Top Recommended Health Websites
- MedlinePlus - The U.S. National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health created MedlinePlus as a portal of information on hundreds of diseases, conditions, medications and supplements. Includes interactive tutorials, videos, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, the latest health news, and interactive patient tutorials. Also available in Spanish.
- Healthy Children - Sponsored by the American Academy of Pediatrics, Healthy Children covers a wide range of health topics from a pediatric perspective. Also available in Spanish.
- Family Doctor - Family Doctor is organized by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). All of the information has been written and reviewed by AAFP physicians and patient education professionals, with separate sections for parents, kids, and teens. It provides information on a variety of medical conditions, and a Smart Patient Guide on understanding medical bills, health insurance, and the healthcare system. Also available in Spanish.
- KidsHealth - Sponsored by Nemours Foundation, KidsHealth provides information about the health, behavior, and development of children, with separate sections for parents, kids, and teens. All articles, animation, games, and other content are reviewed by pediatricians and other medical experts. Also available in Spanish.
- Mayo Clinic - Mayo Clinic is an extensive and comprehensive collection of health and medical information for all ages. Users can select information by symptom, disease or condition, drugs and supplements, or tests and procedures, or use the search bar to locate information. Also includes health tools, videos, and an "Ask a Specialist" feature. The material is reviewed by Mayo Clinic doctors.