TeleSpecialties by Children’s Health℠ Virtual Care
Virtually connect to renowned pediatric emergency care, NICU and orthopedic specialists for 24/7 consults, diagnosis and care plans. With unrestricted access to the eighth-largest pediatric health care provider in the nation, your hospital can provide more care to more patients than ever before.
Together, with Children’s Health℠, you can avert patient transfers, generate savings and most importantly, improve care of your youngest patients – all from your hospital.
What We Offer?
- TeleNICU: Connects remote facilities with highly trained neonatologists to consult and guide treatment for the most fragile newborns
- TeleER: Offers remote facilities real-time virtual care assessments by a team of pediatric emergency medicine experts
- TeleOrtho: Provides on-demand access to the latest advancements in sports medicine from diagnosis to treatment
Benefits of TeleSpecialties
- Expand the breadth of your facility’s expertise
- Avert patient transfers
- Generate savings for Texas by reducing unnecessary medical transfers
- Access a full spectrum of pediatric subspecialists at Children’s Health
- Deliver family-centered care by evaluating patients in their home hospital
- Provide real-time access to the highest level of pediatric care
How TeleSpecialties Work
Using two-way interactive video over a secure, HIPAA-compliant network, our team of highly trained specialists can virtually examine newborns and children at your facility. A representative will connect your hospital with a dedicated pediatric on-call expert in neonatology, emergency care or orthopedics.
Get assistance from the eighth-largest pediatric provider with TeleSpecialties
- Examine medical cases and images
- Perform real-time virtual assessments using multiple peripherals
- Confirm an accurate diagnosis
- Determine if transfer is appropriate and facilitate if necessary
- Advise on treatment plans
- Provide second opinions
Our staff will assess your telemedicine equipment, if applicable, and network capabilities to integrate a secure, reliable video solution between your facility and Children’s Health.
Get state-of-the-art telemedicine equipment
- Stand-alone telemedicine cart with multiple peripherals for maximized encounters
- Advanced network capabilities assessment from our expert telemedicine staff
- Authenticated, secure connection
- High-definition camera allows transmission of audio, video and images
Virtual Health Education
Designed for convenient access to continuing education, Virtual Health Education empowers physicians, mid-level providers, nurses and support staff to continue learning and enhancing care for your patients.
Our accredited, web-based continuing education series, Children’s Health LIVE (Learning through Interactive Video Education), was launched in an effort to bridge the gap between the presentation of symptoms, diagnoses of various pediatric diseases and referral. Participants gather in a virtual room to review and exchange ideas.