Families often turn to the social services department for support in times of need. Social workers help find the resources families need so that they can concentrate their energy on their child and his treatment, not on other matters.
The social services department provides a variety of services, including crisis intervention, adaptation to illness and hospitalization, individual and family counseling, support groups, discharge and home healthcare planning, financial assistance, lodging assistance and referral to appropriate community resources and programs.
What do social workers provide?
- Psychosocial assessments
- Crisis intervention/adjustment to illness
- Community resource referrals
- Child abuse evaluation and follow-up
- Support groups
- Discharge planning for continuity of care
- Individual and family counseling
- Lodging assistance
- Evaluations on any transplants, whether solid, organ or stem cell
How do I contact social work?
Children’s Health is proud to have our professional licensed social workers available 24 hours a day, every day of the week. Any physician referral is accepted and written orders are not necessary. If you have a concern, we are able to handle it immediately.