Care Delivery Innovation Lab
Children’s Health is constantly striving for what's next and what's best for our patients. The Children’s Health Care Delivery Innovation Lab helps innovators create new technology and care delivery solutions that transform how children receive care. By leveraging an entrepreneurial culture and collaborating with industry and community partners, the Innovation Lab continues to Make Life Better for Children.
Some of Innovative Initiatives:
- Skin-Applied Patient IDs: Testing scannable shields (patches) instead of PHI wristbands as a potential next-generation patient ID solution.
- Augmented Reality game for Physical / Occupational Therapy: Piloting an augmented reality game to promote patient mobility during therapy, while reducing stress for both patients and providers.
- Housekeeping Training VR Game: Using immersive virtual reality training to increase engagement during EVS new hire / annual refresher training and accelerate time to proficiency.
- PEDS Review: Evaluating innovative technologies from the pediatrics lens.
- Inno8 4 Kids Hackathon: An annual virtual hackathon for groups ranging from high school to college and career professionals, with the goal of making life better for our patients, staff, and community (link to page with submissions).
Sharing of ideas between organizations can lead to newer and more innovative methods of providing patient care, which helps to ensure that all children in our community are receiving optimal care. The Children’s Health Care Delivery Innovation Lab is open to collaborating and partnering with driven organizations, start-ups and individuals who are passionate about improving access to care.
- Contact Us: