Care Delivery Innovation Lab
Children’s Health is constantly striving for what's next and what's best for our patients. We are committed to making sure we are using state-of-the-art equipment, technology, and care delivery models.
The Children’s Health Care Delivery Innovation Lab helps innovators uncover technology and care delivery innovations that transform how children receive care. Projects span digital health, medical device, AI, and robotics, to name a few. By leveraging an entrepreneurial culture and collaborating with industry and community partners, the Innovation Lab continues to Make Life Better for Children.
- Diabetes Advisor App: Access diabetes management resources, including around-the-clock Children’s Health care, and real-time advice on how to address common issues.
- Telespecialties by Children's Health Virtual Care: Virtually connect to renowned pediatric emergency care, NICU and orthopedic specialists for 24/7 consults, diagnosis and care plans.
- Children's Health Virtual Care: Using the latest advancements in video technology, families and students can video chat with our team of health care experts 24/7.
- My Asthma Pal: Children’s Health My Asthma Pal provides children with asthma and their parents with a unique set of resources and tools to effectively and proactively manage their asthma.
- Go Noodle: GoNoodle’s online movement videos get kids running, jumping, dancing, stretching, and practicing mindfulness through three- to five-minute moderate to vigorous physical activities that students perform next to their desks.
Sharing of ideas between organizations can lead to newer and more innovative methods of providing patient care, which helps to ensure that all children in our community are receiving optimal care. The Children’s Health Care Delivery Innovation Lab is open to collaborating and partnering with driven organizations, start-ups and individuals who are passionate about improving access to care.
Awards for Innovation
Children's Health is proud to have been recognized locally and nationally as an industry leader and pioneer in virtual health technology, telemedicine and mobile applications, providing outreach and collaboration with national technology and health care organizations including the American Academy of Pediatrics on how to seamlessly integrate technology into health care.
- In 2019, Children's Health was named one of "40 Hospitals and Health Systems with great innovation programs" in the country by Becker's Hospital Review
- Children's Health named 2019's "Most Wired" Hospital by the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives for the fourteenth time since the award was offered
- The Diabetes Advisor App earned first place in the 2019 Digital Diabetes Congress mobile application contest
- Children's Health named 2018 "Excellence in Community Service Award" winner by the Texas Hospital Association for the School-Based Telehealth Program
- Children's Health Telehealth earned American Well's Clinical Innovation award in 2017 and 2018
Innovating Healthcare Hackathon - The Children's Health Care Delivery Innovation Lab is excited to introduce the first annual Children's Health Hackathon, "Innovating Healthcare". This event is open to clinical and non-clinical team members across the system as a way of encouraging a culture of innovation and collaboration. The Children's Health Hackathon is designed as a fun, energizing 24-hour competition where teams rapidly create technology (prototypes) and non-technology solutions to common pediatric challenges provided by Children's Health team members and affiliates. Teams will form around the problem statements selected, and each team will pitch their solution at the end of the Hackathon event for a chance to win prizes.