Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery
Aches, breaks and bone irregularities: Our pediatric orthopedic surgeons treat a wide range of orthopedic conditions and sports medicine injuries. If you’re considering surgery for your child, turn to the experts at Children’s Health Andrews Institute, the only pediatric-focused orthopedic and sports medicine center in Texas.
From simple fractures to more complex spinal deformity and cartilage disorders, our deep expertise performing orthopedic surgery for children and teens accelerates their return to an active lifestyle.
Why Choose Children’s Health Andrews Institute for Orthopedic Surgery?
Parents and families from the Dallas-Fort Worth region and beyond choose our pediatric orthopedic surgery program because we offer:
- Highly skilled surgeons: When your child needs surgery, safety is your No. 1 concern. Our pediatric orthopedic surgeons have years of experience. Many have additional certifications such as sports medicine and hand surgery and spine care. Others are leading multi-center research trials, offering our patients the latest evidence-based cartilage treatments and medical advances. Read more about our Cartilage Center.
- Innovative approach to sports medicine and orthopedics: We combine the Andrews Institute’s world-renowned approach to treating orthopedic injuries and sports medicine with the pediatric expertise of Children’s Health—and we’re the only pediatric facility of its kind in Texas. Our physicians know what “active” looks like, and they’re experienced in treating kids of all ages. We get children back to their busy lives.
- Quick and efficient access to care: We’re here when you need us. Our team aims to get children with acute injuries into the clinic within 24 to 48 hours, with same day appointments often available. Our advanced on-site X-ray and MRI imaging helps get you answers, faster. Whether our physicians recommend casting, bracing or a surgical procedure, we’ll guide you and your child through treatment and recovery.
Pediatric Orthopedic Conditions We Treat
Sports injuries are just part of what we do. We’re also experts at treating congenital and neuromuscular disorders as well as rare spinal disorders.
We treat a wide range of conditions, including:
- Complex limb deformity (angular or rotational deformity)
- Limb length discrepancies
- Clubfoot or flat feet
- Congenital malformations
- All long bone fractures
- ACL or other knee ligament injuries
- Patella (kneecap) instability
- Meniscus injuries
- Shoulder or ankle instability
- Elbow pain and instability
- Back pain
- Scoliosis (spinal deformity)
Our Pediatric Surgery Services
Our physicians take a team approach to care, coordinating your child’s treatment among all applicable specialists. For complex cardiac or other cases, we work with experts at Children’s Medical Center Plano or UT Southwestern. Together, our team works to ensure the best outcome for your child.
We offer a range of pediatric orthopedic programs, including
For more information or to make an appointment, please call 469-303-3000.