Oncology Patient Education
The following oncology patient education documents and recommended links are provided from your care team for your reference. This section is for educational purposes only. This information is not intended to be used for diagnoses or treatment. If you have a question please feel free to contact our office.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
After hours and/or weekends, call 214-456-7000 and ask for the hematology-oncology fellow on call.
If you are experiencing an emergency, call 911.
Disclaimer: These web sites have been checked out by medical staff, but due to continuous changes in internet sites, it is advised that parents check these sites out first.
- 24 Hour Urine Collection Instructions
- American Childhood Cancer Organization (ACCO)
- American Cancer Society
- Caring for Your PICC
- Carter Blood Care Life Plan
- Central Line Medication Administration
- Chemotherapy Precautions
- Children's Medical Center – CCBD General Resource Links
- Children's Medical Center – CCBD Oncology Resource Links
- Children’s Oncology Group
- Children’s Oncology Group Long -Term follow-up Guidelines
- COG Family Handbook
- Food Safety for People with Cancer
- Help Us Keep Your Children Safe
- How to Give a Subcutaneous ARA-C Injection
- Immunotherapy featuring Dr. Ted Laetsch on KERA
- Infections -
- Instructions for the Use of EMLA Cream
- N95 Mask Education