Myra Helen Wyckoff, MD $$ Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Myra Wyckoff, M.D., is a pediatric physician at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in neonatal resuscitation. She is also a professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Wyckoff earned her medical degree from UT Southwestern and remained there for general pediatrics training. She maintains and utilizes one of the most comprehensive neonatal resuscitation databases in the country to continually try to improve neonatal resuscitation processes locally and nationally.
Dr. Wyckoff has served on the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation, Newborn Subsection since 2003. She has served on the American Academy of Pediatrics Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee since 2006 and was named co-chair in 2011.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (1994)
InternshipChildren's Medical Center Dallas (1995), Pediatrics
ResidencyChildren's Medical Center Dallas (1997), Pediatrics
FellowshipUT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2000), Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
Research & Publications
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Delivery Room Resuscitation, Wyckoff MH In: Rudolph CD, Rudolph AM, Lister GE, First LR, Gershon AA, eds. Rudolph?s Pediatrics. 2011 22nd ed. New York, NY. Mc 164-170
- Critical Hemodynamics of neonatal cardiopulmonary resuscitation, Wyckoff MH NeoReviews 2010 11 e123-e129
- Part 15: neonatal resuscitation: 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care, 13. Kattwinkel J, Perlman JM, Aziz K, Colby C, Fairchild K, Gallagher J, Hazinski MF, Halamek LP, Kumar P, Little G, McGowan JE, Nightengale B, Ramirez MM, Ringer S, Simon WM, Weiner GM, Wyckoff M, Zaichkin J. Circulation 2010 122 S909-919
- Optimizing chest compressions during delivery room resuscitation., Wyckoff MH, Berg RA Seminars in Fetal and Neonatal Medicine 2008 13 410-415
- Endotracheal delivery of medications during neonatal resuscitation, Wyckoff MH, Wylie J. Clin Perinatol 2006 33 153-60.
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Perinatal Research Society
- Society for Pediatric Research
- Texas Medical Association
Awards & Honors
- Elected Co-Chair of the Neonatal Resuscitation Program Steering Committee - American Academy of Pediatrics (2011)
- Faculty Teaching Award - Awarded by UTSW Pediatric Residents (2011)
- Election to Perinatal Research Society - Perinatal Research Society (2008)
- Election to Society for Pediatric Research - Academic Research Society (2006)
- AOA - Medical Academic Honor Society (1994)