Christopher Parrish, M.D., is an allergist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in treating food allergies. He also serves as the Co-Director of the Dallas Eosinophilic Esophagitis Program (DEEP) at Children’s Health, as well as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics and Internal Medicine.
Dr. Parrish received his medical degree from the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in Madison. He completed his internal medicine and pediatrics residency training as well as his allergy and immunology fellowship training at the LAC+USC Medical Center in Los Angeles.
Dr. Parrish's clinical and research interests include eosinophilic esophagitis, IgE-mediated reactions (hives, anaphylaxis) and non-IgE-mediated reactions such as food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES).
"I enjoy the opportunity to help kids," Dr. Parrish says. "Food allergy can have profound effects on day-to-day life, especially for kids. Helping children and their families better understand their allergies can be very rewarding."
Dr. Parrish enjoys spending his free time with his daughters and wife.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin Medical School (2007)
- LAC - USC Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- LAC - USC Medical Center (2015), Allergy & Immunology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Allergy and Immunology
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Food Allergies
- Non-IgE-Mediated Food Allergy
- Prevention of Food Allergy: Beyond Peanut. Bird, JA, Parrish C, Patel K, Shih JA, Vickery BP The Journal of Allergy and Immunology 2019 143 2 545-547
- Baked Egg Oral Immunotherapy Desensitizes Baked Egg Allergic Children to Lightly Cooked Egg. Bird JA, Clark A, Dougherty I, Brown LS, Arneson A, Crain M, Parrish C The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2018 Jul
- Reply to "Oral food challenge protocol for food protein-induced enterocolitis syndrome: time for a change?" Bird JA, Crain M, Guenther MW, Parrish CP, The journal of allergy and clinical immunology. In practice 2020 Sep 8 8 2844
- Interventional Therapies for the Treatment of Food Allergy. Parrish CP, Kim EH, Bird JA Immunology and allergy clinics of North America 2018 Feb 38 1 77-88
- Current Status of Potential Therapies for IgE-Mediated Food Allergy. Parrish CP, Har D, Andrew Bird J Current allergy and asthma reports 2018 Feb 18 3 18
- Food-Induced Anaphylaxis: an Update. Parrish CP, Kim H Current allergy and asthma reports 2018 Jun 18 8 41
- Management of peanut allergy: a focus on novel immunotherapies. Parrish CP The American journal of managed care 2018 Oct 24 19 Suppl S419-S427
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, andImmunology, Fellow
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, Fellow
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and Honors
- Texas Super Doctors 2018-2020, Texas Monthly
- Best Doctors 2019-2020, D Magazine
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.