Our commitment to keeping you safe
We have never taken for granted the sacred trust you place in us to care for your child, and today we are more grateful than ever for that privilege. To learn about all the ways we are working to keep you, your family and our team members safe, visit our COVID-19 updates page.
Neurodevelopmental disabilities happen when a child’s brain, spinal cord and nerves (central nervous system) don’t develop as they should. These long-term conditions can affect your child’s ability to learn, speak, play and work, later in life.
At Children's Health℠, our experienced specialists have advanced training to support healthy brain development in infants, children, teens and young adults (up to age 22). With a team approach, we bring together deep expertise in several specialties to provide a thorough assessment, diagnosis and treatment.
Our team helps children with developmental disabilities such as rare genetic disorders and conditions that affect feeding, swallowing, speech, language, motor, social and thinking skills. We work closely with your family to create a comprehensive, personalized plan to help your child learn and grow.
Our neurodevelopmental disabilities team provides:
- Thorough evaluation with interviews, observation and standardized assessments
- Speech-language, occupational, physical and behavioral therapies
- Psychological counseling for your child and your family
- Assistive equipment to support learning, communication and mobility
- Referrals to sleep medicine specialists as needed
- Medications as needed