Contact the Sleep Center
At Children’s Health℠, we know how important your child's health is. Sleep disorders can have a negative impact on childhood development and behavior, as well as consequences for the entire family.
What We Treat
At Children’s Health, we specialize in identifying and treating the following conditions so your child can get back to sleep—and you can get back to life.
- Sleep breathing disorders –such as obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and central sleep apnea.
- Snoring (which can be a serious symptom of OSA)
- Excessive daytime sleepiness (Hypersomnia)
- Delayed or early bedtimes (Circadian rhythm disorder)
- Nightmares, sleepwalking, sleep talking, sleep terror (Parasomnias)
- Difficulty in falling asleep or staying asleep (Insomnia).
- Kicking and/or jerky legs in sleep (Periodic limb movement disorder)
- Excessive sleepiness affecting daytime performance (Narcolepsy)
- Apnea in newborn / infants.
In addition, we perform studies for evaluation and assessment of:
- Tracheotomy tube removal
- Bi-PAP titrations
- CPAP titrations
- Oxygen titrations
Why Children’s Health?
- The Children’s Health Sleep Disorders Center is one of two dedicated pediatric sleep centers that are accredited by the Academy of Sleep Medicine and the only one in North Texas.
- A nationally recognized, fully accredited sleep disorders center with three board certified specialists and a fellowship training program affiliated with UT Southwestern.
- Clinic appointments available Monday-Thursday, studies performed 7 days a week.
- Urgent requests can typically be performed within 24 to 48 hours of request.
- Studies performed on pre-mature infants born as young as 28 weeks up to the age of 18.
- Continuity of care for those children with chronic disorders or long term treatment plans.
- Sleep technologists performing the sleep studies have highly specialized training and include strong backgrounds in neurophysiology, respiratory therapy and/or sleep technology.
The Sleep Disorders Center at Children’s Health is the only dedicated pediatric sleep center in North Texas accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine that offers clinical evaluation, diagnosis, and management of children with all forms of sleep disorders.
The Sleep Disorders Center has two convenient locations in North Texas, one in downtown Dallas and the other located in Plano next to Children's at Legacy.
The Sleep Disorders Center at Children's Medical Center manages children with all sleep disorders from birth to early adulthood. Our team is led by Ron Mitchell, M.D., Chief of Pediatric Otolaryngology, and Kamal Naqvi, M.D., Pediatric Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine.
A multidisciplinary team that includes otolaryngology, pulmonology, sleep medicine, pediatrics, psychology and advanced practice professionals evaluate children with a variety of sleep disorders caused by obstructive sleep apnea, behavioral problems, craniofacial problems, obesity, and a variety of other conditions.