The Dermatology clinic at Children’s Health℠ specializes in the treatment of skin diseases and disorders. Our full service clinic is able to provide in-depth diagnostic and treatment services for children.
All of the Clinic’s physicians have specialized training in the newest treatments including laser treatments and phototherapy. Biopsies of the skin and small surgical incisions are also done in the Clinic.
Why Children's Health℠?
The Dermatology clinic at Children's Health is a full service center providing comprehensive diagnostic, consultative and treatment services for both common and rare dermatologic disorders of childhood and adolescence. As a tertiary referral center, we provide diagnostic, consultative and treatment services for dermatologic disorders of childhood with particular emphasis on:
Conditions We Treat
Among the diseases treated by the Dermatology clinic:
- Alopecia and other hair and scalp concerns
- Birthmarks such as port wine stains and hemangiomas
- Psoriasis and similar autoimmune diseases of the skin
- Vitiligo and other problems with pigmentation
- Atopic dermatitis, eczema, and other inflammatory conditions
- Management of genetic skin disorders and syndromes
All of our physicians are certified by the American Board of Dermatology. Since we are a tertiary referral facility and a teaching hospital for the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, we can treat both common and rare dermatological disorders. This breadth of expertise means that most of the time we can successfully treat your child and provide all needed resources at one place and with one visit.
- Skin biopsies
- Small surgical excisions
- Phototherapy (narrow band UVB)
- Laser treatment of vascular birthmarks