Our COVID-19 Safety MeasuresUpdated July 20, 2020 at 3:35 pm
How Children’s Health℠ is keeping you safe
We know many of you are questioning whether it’s safe to resume routine appointments, receive vaccinations, have surgical procedures or enter a health care setting. We want to assure you that it’s not only safe at Children’s Health℠, but important that you continue your child’s care, including vaccinations, well-checks and medical appointments as needed to keep your child and family healthy.
When you come for your appointments, our campus may look a bit different than the last time you were here. Here’s how we are keeping you safe:
- Visitor restrictions: Only one designated caregiver may visit at a time or attend appointments with your child.
- Screening: Every patient, caregiver and employee is screened upon arrival. You will be asked to answer a series of symptom- and exposure-related questions for yourself and your child.
- Temperature check: As part of the screening process, Children’s Health will also take your temperature when you arrive.
- Masks: After you pass the screening process, you will be given a clinical-grade mask issued by Children’s Health.
- Using MyChart for contactless check-in: We are initiating a contactless check-in process to help keep you as safe as possible. Download the MyChart app and register for an account so you will be able to complete the check-in process online prior to your appointment, view medical records, communicate with your child’s care team and more. Quickly and easily register here.
- Social distancing: You will see signage throughout our facilities to serve as a reminder to keep a safe distance of approximately 6 feet, including shared spaces such as in our waiting rooms and elevators.
- Food options: We have limited some of our dining options, seating at cafes and operating hours in support of social distancing. Download the Children’s Health mobile app for available locations and hours of operations at each of our campuses or visit the Dining and Food Services page.