Mark Ryan, M.D., is a pediatric general and thoracic surgeon at Children’s Health℠. He is an assistant professor of Surgery at UT Southwestern. Dr. Ryan specializes in trauma and critical care and his clinical interests include ECMO, chest wall anomalies and neonatal surgery.
Dr. Ryan earned his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine with a distinction in surgical research. He completed his surgery training at Jackson Memorial Hospital, which included two years of clinical research in trauma. He completed his surgical critical care at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital followed by a fellowship in pediatric surgery at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Ryan lives in Dallas with his wife and their two children. In his spare time, he enjoys hiking and building customized computers.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine (2007)
- University of Miami - Jackson Memorial Hospital (2014), General Surgery
- Arkansas Children's Hospital (2018), Pediatric Surgery
Univ of Tennessee and Le Bonheur Children's Hosp (2016), Surgical Critical Care
- Board Certification
- American Board of Surgery/Pediatric Surgery
Departments and Programs
- American College of Surgeons
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Pediatric Trauma Society
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
- The American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
Awards and Honors
- Robert Zeppa Resident Research Award