The reconstructive plastic surgery program at the Fogelson Plastic Surgery & Craniofacial Center integrates leading technology in the treatment of traumatic injuries and congenital conditions in infants, children and adolescents.
What to Expect
We understand that nothing matters more to you than knowing what to expect when visiting for your child's appointment at the Fogelson Plastic Surgery & Craniofacial Center. Generally on your first visit to the Center, surgery will not happen until we discuss and create a plan of care for your child. Learn more below, about what to expect before, during, and after a typical appointment at the Center.
Before the Appointment
- Arrive 30 minutes early before your appointment to allow for completion of photos, consents, and vital signs to be taken.
- Bring any images and/or reports related to your child's diagnosis to the appointment
- Check in at the registration desk on the first floor of the Dallas Ambulatory Care Pavilion at Children’s Health℠
- After registering, take the elevators up to the sixth floor and arrive at F6400 - The Fogelson Plastic Surgery & Craniofacial Center.
- Check in at the front desk of the clinic, where you will be given consents to complete.
During the Appointment
- Before going to the exam room, your child will be weighed and measured. A medical photographer will also take pictures of your child for the medical records to provide a visual record of your childs condition, each step of the way.
- After that is done, you and your child will meet with the surgeon at this time to discuss his/her assessment and plan of care for surgery if it is needed. Note that surgery will not happen on the same day as this appointment.
- If surgery is determined that surgery is the best option, you will meet with a surgery scheduler to discuss insurance, dates and times regarding the procedure.
After the Appointment
Notes from your child's appointment will be sent to your child's primary care provider and/or referring provider.
If you have any questions after the appointment, you can contact the clinic at 217-456-2240