Sports Performance Nutrition Services
Serious athletes know the importance of fueling their body the right way. Nutrition is a key component of sports performance, which is why Children’s Health Andrews Institute offers a range of expert nutrition counseling.
For our sports performance services, we work with EXOS, the leaders in elite sports enhancement techniques.
Expert Nutrition Guidance for Sports Performance Training
Because children and adolescents are still growing, their bodies have greater nutritional needs. Add in the stress of exercise, and those nutritional needs go through the roof. Eating the right foods at the right time helps to ensure all those needs are met.
To guide young athletes in how to eat and hydrate for better results, our sports dietitian offers research-based and tailored nutrition counseling in one-on-one and group settings.
Nutrition: An EXOS Pillar of Sports Performance Excellence
EXOS takes a whole-body approach to improving athletic performance. Nutrition is one of the 4 main components that sports performance specialists address when considering an athlete’s progress:
- Mindset: Mindset is the lens through which we view life’s experiences and includes our attitudes and beliefs.
- Nutrition: Nutrition is fuel for the brain and body and can optimize performance.
- Movement: Movement is not only the quantity of movement, but the quality. It’s about training smarter, not necessarily harder.
- Recovery: Recovery is so much more than just sleep or stretching. It allows the body to regenerate, re-energize, and prepare for the next challenge.
Consider each pillar as the leg of a table. If all are strong, the table is sturdy. If one leg is weak or broken, the table may stand but will break under more weight. The right nutrition counseling helps ensure athletes have a strong foundation to exceed any goals they seek to accomplish.
Nutrition Counseling for Sports Performance Training
All of our sports performance training offerings include some form of nutrition counseling with our sports dietitian. These include individualized counseling as well as group sessions that are personalized to each athlete’s or group’s age, sport and athletic needs.
Nutrition topics addressed may include:
- Nutrition 101: An introduction to overall good nutrition and performance fueling
- How nutrition can support athletic performance
- Hydration and appropriate use of sports drinks
- Game-day fueling, including what to eat and drink before, during and after competition
- Supplement guidance
- Foods to eat before and after surgery to promote healing
- How nutrition can impact recovery from sports-related injuries
Our sports dietitian educates the greater Dallas-Fort Worth community on sports nutrition topics through group chats offered to:
- Sports teams
- Youth groups
- Community organizations
One-on-One Nutrition Counseling
Our sports dietitian provides individualized counseling to athletes and non-athletes looking for answers to nutrition-related questions. These one-hour sessions are tailored to individual needs but may include:
- Assessing dietary habits, goals and nutritional needs
- Developing an individualized meal builder, which offers specific meal plan and serving size recommendations
- Sports-specific nutrition education, including how nutrition may affect sports injuries
- Body composition testing, for athletes ages 18 and older