Robert J. Rinaldi, MD $$
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Doctor
Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
Division Director at Children's Health
- Languages Spoken:
Robert Rinaldi, M.D., is division chief of pediatric rehabilitation medicine at Children’s Health℠ and is a professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After receiving his medical degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Dr. Rinaldi completed a residency in general pediatrics at Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, and a residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Kansas School of Medicine.
Dr. Rinaldi’s clinical interests include brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injury management, torticollis management, and rehabilitation in neuromuscular disorders. His research interests include rehabilitation management of brachial plexus injuries.
Dr. Rinaldi has served on numerous national committees, including the Pediatric Subcommittee of the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, and the Board of Governors for the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Before moving to Dallas, Dr. Rinaldi practiced at Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City for 18 years, where he was named a Kansas City Super Doc from 2009-2015. He has also been honored as one of the Best Doctors in America every year since 2009.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center -OKC (1991)
- University of Kansas School of Medicine - KC (1997), Physical Med. & Rehab
Children's Mercy Hospital (1994), Pediatrics
- Board Certification
- American Board of Phys Med Rehab-Ped Rehab Med
Departments and Programs
- Intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Factors related to the psychosocial functioning of youth with neonatal brachial plexus injuries. Mentrikoski JM, Duncan CL, Melanson A, Louden E, Allgier A, Michaud L, Rinaldi R Journal of pediatric psychology 2015 Apr 40 3 285-96
- Inherited polyneuropathies. Rinaldi R, Patel A PM & R : the journal of injury, function, and rehabilitation 2013 May 5 5 Suppl S63-73
- Association of Academic Physiatrists (1997)
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (1997)
- American Academy of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (1997)
- American Society of Neurophysiologic Monitoring (1999)
Awards and Honors
- Kansas City Super Doctors- Kansas City Magazine 2009-2015
- Faculty Excellence Award - Department of PM&R, University of Kansas School of Medicine 2009
- Best Doctors in America 2009-2015
- Mercy Golden Apple Mentor Award- Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City MO 2011
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.