Departments and Programs
- Healthcare disparities in pediatric cancer
- Language-based disparities
- Supportive care and communication
- Kaye EC, Stall M, Woods C, Velrajan S, Gattas M, Lemmon M, Baker JN, Mack JW. Prognostic Communication Between Oncologists and Parents of Children With Advanced Cancer. Pediatrics 2021; 147(6): e2020044503.
- Iijima M*, Stall M*, Wang L, Panetta JC, Triplett BM, Pui CH, Ribeiro RC, Rubnitz JE, Pounds SB, Inaba H. Changes in body mass index, weight, and height in children with acute myeloid leukemia and the associations with outcome. Blood Advances 2022; 6(9) 2824-34.
- Porter AS, Woods C, Kaye EC, on behalf of the QUEST Working Group: Aglio T, Applegarth J, Bien K, Bilbeisi T, Chow E, Greer K, Huber R, Keifer-Autrey A, Rockwell S, Salek M, Stall M, Trejo M, Yang Y, Zalud K. Novel approaches to communication skills development: The untapped potential of qualitative research immersion. PEC Innovation. 1 (2022) 100079. DOI: 10.1016/j.pecinn.2022.100079.
- Porter AS, Woods C, Stall M, Velrajan S, Baker JN, Mack JW, Kaye EC. Oncologist approaches to communicating uncertain disease status in pediatric cancer: a qualitative study. BMC Cancer. (2022) 22:1109. DOI: 10.1186/s12885-022-10190-6.
- Porter AS, Woods C, Stall M, Baker JN, Mack JW, Kaye EC. Mismatch between Pediatric Oncologists’ Private and Parent-Facing Prognostic Communication: Communication Patterns Used to Soften Prognostic Disclosure. Journal of Palliative Medicine 2023; 26(2). DOI:10.1089/jpm.2022.0265.
- American Association for Cancer Research
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Children’s Oncology Group
Awards and Honors
- AACR-Merck Cancer Disparities Research Fellowship, 2022
Where I Provide Care:
2 - UTSW Specialist
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health