UT Southwestern and Children's Health℠ Center for Autism Care programs and services
The UT Southwestern and Children's Health℠ Center for Autism Care offers comprehensive services for children who are newborn to age 21 with autism spectrum disorders or a wide range of other neurodevelopmental disabilities. These conditions impair the development of the brain and central nervous system, affecting emotion, memory, learning and socialization.
The Center for Autism Care was created with the broad goal of providing comprehensive treatment and support for children of all ages. We connect families with professionals in the field and help coordinate a wide range of services in the school and community. Our services include:
- Diagnostic evaluations for autism spectrum disorder
- Assessments in pediatric neurology with neurodevelopmental disabilities specialists
- Behavioral intervention
- Psychiatric consultation and treatment
- Psychological and Neuropsychological evaluations and consultations
- Speech and language evaluation and therapy
- Educational assessments and support
ABA therapy is considered one of the most effective treatments for children with autism. Learn more about the pediatric ABA program at Children's Health.
There are currently no laboratory tests to diagnose autism. Learn more about the diagnostic evaluation program for children with autism at Children's Health.
Our Neurodevelopmental Neurology program gives kids with neurodevelopment disorders like autism the best chance to improve how they speak, move and think.