What are signs of bullying parents can look for?
If your child is being bullied at school, he or she might be hesitant to share that information with you. In this video, Celia Heppner, Psy.D., clinical psychologist at Children’s Health℠, shares signs to look for if you suspect your child is being bullied or teased. Some items to watch for in your child include:
- Anxiety about going to school
- Complaints of headaches or stomach pain, especially at the end of the weekend
If a parent is concerned that their child might be bullying others, Dr. Heppner also shares signs to watch for such as how they interact with their peers, how they talk about their classmates and more.
Watch more videos with Dr. Heppner for information about bullying, including:
- How can parents help children open up about bullying?
- How can parents give kids confidence to deal with bullying?
- How can parents talk to their children about bullying?