Alecia Nero, M.D., is a pediatric hematologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in non-malignant hematology – particularly sickle cell disease. She is also an associate professor of internal medicine and pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Nero earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern before completing a residency in internal medicine-pediatrics and a fellowship in hematology at Case Western Reserve University.
Dr. Nero cares for patients with non-malignant (non-cancerous) blood and bone-marrow conditions that include sickle cell disease, abnormal blood counts and a range of anemias and platelet disorders, including thrombocythemia.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2004)
- Case Western Reserve Univ School of Medicine GME (2008), Internal Medicine/Pediatrics
- Case Western Reserve University Hospitals (2011), Hematology & Oncology
- Board Certification
- American Board of IM/Hematology
Departments and Programs
- Medical Treatment of Anemias
- Medical Treatment of Blood Clotting Disorders
- Medical Treatment of Blood Disorders (Hematology)
- General Hematology/Oncology
- Dallas County Medical Society (2012)
- Texas Medical Society (2012)
- CV Roman Medical Society (2011)
- American Society of Hematology (2009)
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.