Headaches are one of the top five health problems of childhood with 40% of children suffering from headaches by age seven and 75% by age 15. Our Headache Clinic sees over 650 new patients annually and follows these patients throughout their treatment in our clinic.
Why Children's Health℠?
Children's Health is home to the only academic healthcare system in North Texas dedicated exclusively to comprehensive care of children ages birth to 18.
Conditions We Treat
- Migraine headache
- Tension-type headache
- Chronic daily headache
- Medication overuse headache
- Cluster headache
- Concussion-related headache
- Headaches with unknown or mixed classification
- Lifestyle modifications including diet, exercise, sleep, and physical activity
- Psychological support
- Imaging, labs, and other diagnostic procedures if indicated
- Nerve blocks and Botox injections
- Infusion Center for IV medications in the clinic setting
We have numerous studies evaluating the efficacy and safety of drugs used to treat acute and chronic pain in children. We are also conducting studies assessing devices that monitor patient status during and after surgery.