Our ability to use our voices for speech defines us as human beings. When it goes away, it can result in a significant decrease in the quality of life. The Pediatric Voice Clinic at Children's Health is the only voice clinic of its kind in North Texas to care for children with voice problems.
Conditions We Treat
- Laryngeal papillomas
- Laryngeal stenosis
- Laryngeal webs
- Neurogenic dysphonia
- Prost airway reconstructive hoarseness
- Singer's nodules
- Subglottic Stenosis
- Unilateral vocal cord paralysis
- Vocal cord nodules
- vocal cord polyps
- Injection thyroplasty
- Laryngeal stroboscopy
- Vocal cord medialization
- Vocal cord reinervation
During one visit, both a pediatric laryngologist and speech language pathologist conduct an evaluation where a diagnosis can be determined and a treatment plan can be instituted. The clinic uses the latest technology in voice and speech evaluation to provide the best care for your child.
- A written referral from physician or referral source is required.
- Pre-authorization is required by some insurance plans.
- Patient instructions for specific tests will be provided when the appointment is scheduled.
- Services are provided in close cooperation with the patient’s referring physician.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and recommended treatment information is provided promptly to the referring physician, current speech/language pathologist and family.