Home Care - PT Student Affiliation
Children’s Health Home Care is a proud partner with Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant schools across Texas by participating in the education and training of students who are the future of our chosen professions.
Fabian Bizama, PT, PhD
Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant programs:
- Texas Woman’s University
- University of Texas Southwestern
- University of Texas Medical Branch
- Texas Tech University Health Science Center
- Angelo State University
- Navarro College
Steps to Become a Partner with Children’s Health Home Care
- Contact Clinical Educator Coordinator to discuss process/requirements
- All schools must have an active legally binding contract in place before a student can be placed. Required information to begin this process:
- Name of School
- School Website
- School Address
- School Legal Contact Name/Email/Phone
Student Interview Process
- All Students are required to participate in a pre-placement interview to be conducted at the Children’s Health Home Care office at the Plano Campus.
- Once invited, the students will receive communication from Children’s Health Student Services defining the onboarding process, including required documentation that will need to be returned prior to their start date
- Students spend their first day completing department orientation with the one of the Physical Therapy Clinical Managers.
- They will report to their Clinical Instructor on Day 2.
- All students are provided with an orientation binder that outlines objectives and requirements during the internship/practicum.
About Children’s Health Home Care Physical Therapy clinical rotations
- All students are paired with 1 to 2 Clinical Instructors across the DFW Metroplex.
- Therapy is conducted within the patients’ home or daycare.
- Students will have a variety of opportunities to observe other disciplines in the home during their internships.