1. All schools wishing to send nursing students to Children’s Health for clinical hours must have an Affiliation Master Agreement with Children’s Health. If your school does not have a Master Affiliation agreement, you may send an inquiry to NursingStudentRequest@childrens.com.
2. All nursing student cohort and precepted requests are processed thru Centralized Clinical Placement System (CCPS). It is a requirement that school use this software to process all requests for placement.
3. To connect the school with Children’s Health thru CCPS, the school enters an Affiliation request and Children’s Health approves the request.
4. CCPS opens a time block for requests that follows a Fall, Spring, Summer timeframe. On the login page, CCPS has the schedule for when these time blocks will be open.
5. The school coordinator makes a placement request prior to each semester.
6. The Children’s Health coordinator will manage all responses to requests and assignments to the units in CCPS
- Historical placements are honored for each semester
- Any requests that cannot be accommodated will be offered alternatives
- Timeframe the students will be on the unit must be accurate
- Clinical Instructor name must be included. If at the time the request is made, the Clinical Instructor is not known, TBD can be enter. As soon as the Clinical Instructor is known, CCPS should be updated.
- Orientation (SMARTbar) date requests and an approximation of the total number of students attending orientation should be placed into the comments section of the request.
7. The schools will forward the student and instructor paperwork to Student Services via the NursingStudentPaperwork@childrens.com email address
8. Student Services will notify groups once they are clear and can schedule badge appointments
- All students and instructors must be clear before group will be cleared