$$ Ronald Mancini, MD
Credentialed by Children's Health
Dallas, Texas 75390
Ronald Mancini, M.D., FACS, specializes in pediatric oculoplastic and orbit surgery at Children’s Health℠. He is also an associate professor in the Department of Ophthalmology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Mancini received his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Mass., and completed his residency in ophthalmology at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, where he was chief resident. He completed two fellowships in both oculoplastic and facial plastic surgery at UCLA medical Center in Los Angeles.
As an active participant in the education of residents and fellows in the Department of Ophthalmology, Dr. Mancini mentors ophthalmology residents and is a program director for the oculoplastic surgery fellowship. He has published more than 60 abstracts and peer-reviewed publications.
Board certified in ophthalmology, Dr. Mancini is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons since 2010. He is also a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS), and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS).
Dr. Mancini travels extensively lecturing nationally and internationally. He is involved in humanitarian work in Central America, where he is a part of a surgical team that helps to repair facial deformities in children.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolTufts University School of Medicine (2002)
InternshipRoger Williams Medical Center (2003), Internal Medicine
ResidencyMedical College of Wisconsin (2006), Ophthalmology
FellowshipJules Stein Eye Institute (2009), Plastic Surgery
Jules Stein Eye Institute (2008), Oculoplastic Surgery
Departments & Programs
Research & Publications
- fat transfer and grafting techniques
- small incision and minimally invasive oculoplastic surgical techniques
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS)
Awards & Honors
- Board of Directors - Cosmetic Surgery Foundation, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (2013)
- D Magazine - Best Doctors in Dallas (2013)
- Super Doctors® Rising Stars℠ - Texas Monthly magazine special advertising section (2013)
- Board Member - Information Technology Cmte. of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 2011-2014 (2011)
- Consumers’ Research Council of America - America’s Top Ophthalmologists (2011)
- Fellow - American College of Surgeons (2010)
- Webster Paper Award - American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (2008)
- Excellence in Research Award - Jules Stein Eye Institute Annual Clinical and Research Seminar, Los Angeles, CA (2007)