COVID-19 vaccine informationUpdated April 5, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Children’s Health is no longer providing first dose vaccines to team members, physicians or patients as we do not anticipate additional shipments of the COVID-19 vaccines. Team members and physicians who have already received a first dose will still be given a second dose. New and current team members interested in receiving the vaccine who have not received a first dose will be referred to UT Southwestern.
Information for healthcare professionals
While there is still much to learn about COVID-19 vaccines and distribution, Children’s Health is committed to keeping referring providers informed as information becomes available.
Information for patient families
Currently, the CDC does not recommend COVID-19 vaccines for children. The groups recommended to receive the vaccines could change in the future as clinical trials progress. Safety is our top priority, and Children’s Health will not offer a vaccine to patients that we do not believe to be scientifically safe and effective.
Children’s Health recommends using the following resources and will continue to update this list as more resources become available:
- Vaccination Considerations for People who are Pregnant or Breastfeeding (CDC.gov)
- How CDC Is Making COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations (CDC.gov)
- 8 Things to Know about the U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Program (CDC.gov)
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC.gov)
- Information for patient families