COVID-19 information for patient familiesUpdated June 25, 2020 at 10:00 am
Here’s what we are doing to keep you safe
We continue to take every precaution to ensure our patient families and team members are in a safe care environment while in our facilities by implementing the following:
- We have been screening all visitors and patients for COVID-19 since January 10 and follow strict protocols for anyone who meets the criteria.
- After you pass the screening process, you will be given a clinical-grade mask issued by Children's Health, which are required by all patients and families members over 2-years-old.
- We have expanded the use of our Virtual Care for urgent care and behavioral health appointments.
- We have significantly reduced the number of patients, visitors, volunteers and vendors onsite to further social distancing and limit exposure.
- To keep patients and team members as safe as possible, Children's Health has moved towards a contactless check-in using MyChart.
- For employees working onsite, we have implemented daily employee symptoms screenings.
If your child is sick or has been exposed to COVID-19
As always, if you or your child is experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 911 immediately. If your child is experiencing flu like symptoms (cough, shortness of breath and feeling feverish), or if you suspect your child has been exposed to COVID-19, please contact your primary care provider.
We ask that you please first contact your primary care provider prior to scheduling an appointment, visiting a clinic or arriving at our emergency department.
Visitor screening and restrictions
The safety of our patients, their families, visitors and our team members is our number one priority. As the number of cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) increase in North Texas, we are continuing to follow recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to limit possible exposure.
We have implemented visitor restrictions for all facilities in the Children’s Health℠ system.
Changes to appointments, surgery, and other services
At Children’s Health, the safety of our patients, team members and community remain our primary focus. Please know that we are maintaining operations, continuing to see current patients and accept new patients when it is safe and prudent to do so.
With that in mind, and in light of the evolving novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, we are strategically adjusting our operations based on the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommending continued social distancing, including prioritizing urgent and emergency visits and procedures.