Pediatric Diabetes Advisor App
Diabetes Advisor App Offers Diabetes Advice on Your Smartphone
Children’s Health℠ encourages our patient families to use the exclusive Diabetes Advisor App* on their smartphones to manage concerns related to diabetes. With the app, you can access diabetes management resources, including around-the-clock Children’s Health care, and real-time advice on how to address common issues.
You can receive suggestions by entering monitoring data (like blood sugar readings and ketone presence) and what is currently occurring with your child. The app provides a simple, step-by-step process that gives in-home action plans when possible or directs families on what medical steps to take next with the help of Children’s Health staff.
- Monitoring and control for blood sugar issues that occur with illnesses, high-activity days, stress or other problems.
- Solutions that help children and teenagers manage concerns on their own when away from their families.
- Advice for parents on common diabetes issues that their children face.
- Access to direct answers wherever and whenever you need them.
- Fast, problem-solving without unnecessary paperwork.
- Personalized ketone management, including insulin dosing instructions.
- Technology that mirrors and dispenses the same instructions that the Children’s Health nurses use for phone recommendations.
- Educational resources, such as class materials, important web links, diabetes technology and more.
Download the Diabetes Advisor App for Improved Diabetes Management
The Diabetes Advisor App is available on the App Store on Apple devices. (This app is currently available for iOS. Android support is being developed.)
Text “diabetes” to 77444 to download.
Once you download the app, you can contact email@example.com for assistance in using the app. Please allow 2-3 days for a response. In addition, your physician and care team can help orient you to the app and how you can best use it to manage your diabetes.
*General resources are available to the public; only Children’s Health patients’ can access the diabetes management functions.
firstname.lastname@example.org Text “diabetes” to 77444 to download
The Diabetes Advisor app, developed by the Children's Health℠ Diabetes care team, was awarded first place in the mobile application contest in the category of "New Apps" by the 2019 Digital Diabetes Congress.