Christopher J. Durovich Administrative Residency Program
The Children’s Health Administrative Residency is an immersive 12-month training program for Master’s level aspiring health care professionals. Residents gain comprehensive exposure to hospital leadership and operations through project work and observational rotations. This includes attending Executive Leadership Team meetings, leading strategic cross-functional projects, receiving 1:1 mentorship from senior leaders and attending a national conference funded by Children’s Health.
The Administrative Residency preceptor is Pete Perialas, Jr, Chief Operating Officer and President of the Children’s Health Care Network. Residents also receive mentorship from his Executive Leadership Team, including:
- Vanessa Walls, President, Northern Market
- Matt Davis, President, Dallas Market
- Doris Hunt, EVP Corporate Services and Chief Compliance Officer
- Lindsey Tyra, EVP, Chief Strategy Officer
- Jodi Landon, SVP, Managed Care
For the first 6 months, Administrative Residents complete Department Rotations in both clinical and non-clinical areas, followed by a 6-month Elective Rotation based on their areas of interest. Department Rotations include but are not limited to the Plano Market, Dallas Market, Ambulatory, Corporate Services, Patient Experience, Managed Care, Finance and Legal.
Administrative Residents are full-time Children’s Health employees and receive competitive annual compensation with benefits and a relocation stipend. Additionally, the program provides transportation, food, and registration for a national conference during the residency.
Administrative Residency 2022-2023 timeline:
- Applications open: June 20, 2022
- Applications close: July 29, 2022
- Zoom interviews: Early to mid September
- Onsite interviews: Late September
- Offers: October 7, 2022
- January start date: January 3, 2023
- July start date: Mid July 2023
We will host an informational webinar to discuss the Administrative Residency details on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 11AM CST. Previous and current residents will discuss their Residency experiences and answer interested applicants’ questions. The webinar is highly recommended for those interested in applying to the Administrative Residency at Children’s Health.
- Complete the application for the January or July cohort and upload supporting documents in the other documents link
- Current resume
- Unofficial graduate school transcripts of completed courses from a program accredited by one of the following:
- M.H.A. – Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
- MBA – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- M.P.H. – Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Two letters of recommendation (encouraged to provide one professional and one academic). Applicants should address their two letters of recommendation to the Administrative Residency Selection Committee.
- Personal Statement (500-word max)
- Why do you want to pursue a career in pediatric health care administration?
- What attracted you to apply to Children’s Health’s Administrative Residency?
- Vianey Romo
- Jordan Pitts
- Katherine Kuri
- Carlie Cohen, 2010 Administrative Resident
- Graham Torres, 2012 Administrative Resident
- DeAngelo Nesby, 2016 Administrative Resident
- Timia Acklin, 2020 Administrative Resident
Stay up to date about continuing education opportunities.Sign up today
- Administrative Residency Program
- Administrative Residency Contact