Christopher J. Durovich Administrative Residency Program
Developing aspiring leaders is essential to Children’s Health’s mission to make life better for children. The Administrative Residency program provides motivated health care professionals with Executive mentorship and unique exposure to Children’s Health’s rapid growth and strategic innovation.
The Residency is an immersive 12-month training program for Master’s level aspiring health care professionals. Residents gain comprehensive exposure to hospital leadership and operations through project work and observational rotations.
Examples of past Resident-led projects include: outpatient space utilization analysis, establishing the COVID-19 specialty testing site, developing Northern Market clinical dashboards and implementation of the Pediatric Heart Specialists referral management process improvement effort.
For the first 6 months, Administrative Residents complete Department Rotations in clinical and non-clinical areas, followed by a 6-month Elective Rotation based on their areas of interest. Department Rotations include but are not limited to the Plano Market, Dallas Market, Ambulatory, Corporate Services, Patient Experience, Managed Care, Finance and Legal.
The Administrative Residency is led by Pete Perialas, Jr, Chief Operating Officer and President of the Children’s Health Care Network. Residents also receive mentorship from his Executive Leadership Team, including the Dallas Market President, Northern Market President, Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Vice President of Corporate Services and Chief Compliance Officer.
Administrative Residents are full-time Children’s Health employees and receive competitive annual compensation with benefits and a relocation stipend. Additionally, the program provides transportation, food, and registration for a national conference during the residency.
Application Information and Timeline
We will host an informational webinar to discuss the Administrative Residency details on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 10AM CST. Previous and current residents will discuss their Residency experiences and answer interested applicants’ questions. The webinar is highly recommended for those interested in applying to the Administrative Residency at Children’s Health.
- Complete the application for the January or July cohort and upload supporting documents in the other documents link
- Current resume
- Unofficial graduate school transcripts of completed courses from a program accredited by one of the following:
- M.H.A. – Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
- MBA – Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- M.P.H. – Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
- Two letters of recommendation (encouraged to provide one professional and one academic). Applicants should address their two letters of recommendation to the Administrative Residency Selection Committee.
- Personal Statement (500-word max)
- Why do you want to pursue a career in pediatric health care administration?
- What attracted you to apply to Children’s Health’s Administrative Residency?
Administrative Residency 2022-2023 application timeline:
- Applications open: June 20, 2022
- Applications close: August 12, 2022
- Zoom interviews: Early to mid September
- Onsite interviews: Late September
- Offers: October 7, 2022
- January start date: January 3, 2023
- July start date: Mid July 2023
- Vianey Romo
- Jordan Pitts
- Katie Kuri
Previous Featured Residents:
- Carlie Cohen, 2010 Administrative Resident
- Graham Torres, 2012 Administrative Resident
- DeAngelo Nesby, 2016 Administrative Resident
- Timia Acklin, 2020 Administrative Resident
The John and Susie Adams Excellence Endowment
The John and Susie Adams Excellence Endowment was graciously established in 2020 to support the Administrative Residency program in honor of their beloved friend and Children’s Health System Chief Executive Officer, Christopher J. Durovich.
Established in 2005, the residency program was created to provide in-depth and hands on experience for students pursuing a Master of Business Administration or Master of Healthcare Administration degree. This endowment will strengthen the ongoing training and development of future healthcare administrative leaders. The Adamses’ generosity will positively impact the lives of children for generations to come.
- Administrative Residency Program
- Administrative Residency Contact