Michael Lee, M.D., is a primary care physician at Children's Health℠ and is a Clinical Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He helps train residents as a faculty member of the Primary Care Clinic at Children's Health.
Dr. Lee earned his medical degree from UT Southwestern Medical School and completed his pediatrics residency training at Children's Medical Center Dallas. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Lee's clinical and research interests include MRSA infections, vaccinations, medical health disparities and bilingualism.
I consider it a privilege and honor to participate in keeping children healthy as they grow throughout life.
"I have always been amazed by the abilities of doctors to heal and treat medical illness," Dr. Lee says. "I knew right from the start that this was how I wanted to positively impact lives. Specifically, the little lives in pediatrics interest me most. I consider it a privilege and honor to participate in keeping children healthy as they grow throughout life."
Dr. Lee is a member of several professional societies, including Texas Pediatric Society, American Medical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics.
In his free time, Dr. Lee enjoys spending time with his family, running and biking.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (1995)
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (1996), Pediatrics
- Children's Medical Center Dallas (1998), Pediatrics
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics
Departments and Programs
- General Pediatrics
- Medical Student Education
- MRSA Infections
- Resident Education
- Disseminated Coxsackie A9 Infection Complicating Bone Marrow Transplantation, V Aquino, MD, R Farah, MD, M Lee, MD, E Sandler, MD Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 1996 11 1053-1054
- "Management and outcome of children with skin and soft tissue abscesses caused by community acquired MRSA", M. Lee, M.D., A. Rios, M.D., M. Fonseca, M.D., A. Mejias, M.D., D. Cavouti, D.O., G. McCracken, Jr., M.D., R. Hardy, M.D. Pediatric Infectious Diseases Journal 2004 23( 2)
- Texas Pediatric Society
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Awards and Honors
- Best Pediatric Specialists 2010-2011, D Magazine
- Texas Super Doctors 2017-2018, Texas Monthly Magazine