Our commitment to keeping you safe
We have never taken for granted the sacred trust you place in us to care for your child, and today we are more grateful than ever for that privilege. To learn about all the ways we are working to keep you, your family and our team members safe, visit our COVID-19 updates page.
Children’s Medical Center Plano is a world-class pediatric hospital, dedicated to serving families north of Dallas.
As the area’s first full-service children’s hospital, we offer comprehensive care for almost every pediatric injury, health issue and disease. Since opening in Plano in 2008, we have been home to some of the nation’s top pediatric doctors and specialists.
As part of Children’s Health℠, our care builds on a 100+ year tradition of providing outstanding medical care to children throughout North Texas and beyond. Children’s Health is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best pediatric hospitals. Children’s Medical Center Plano gives you access to the same doctors and renowned care, closer to home.
Expert care in more than 30 specialties
We offer state-of-the-art care from doctors in more than 30 specialties, easily accessible to families in Plano, Frisco and other areas north of Dallas. These doctors take a team approach, working together to evaluate each patient and select the treatment that’s right for them. This enables us to care for everything from sports injuries to epilepsy to cancer.
If your child has a very rare condition or needs access to a clinical trial, we coordinate seamlessly with our colleagues throughout Children’s Health. This means children with unusually complex health issues can get the treatment they need from doctors who know each other and are used to working together.
Our Plano hospital’s highlights include:
- An emergency room with a Level IV trauma designation. As one of the nation’s busiest emergency rooms, we have the experience and expertise to help children overcome the full spectrum of acute injuries and illnesses.
- A Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) that delivers comprehensive care for critically ill children.
- A Level III Epilepsy Center, including our advanced Epilepsy Monitoring Unit .
- The Heart Center that offers care from world-class physicians from UT Southwestern and Pediatric Heart Specialists. Our team uses advanced cardiac imaging technology to diagnose, evaluate and monitor heart conditions. We also offer the latest minimally invasive cardiac catheterization procedures.
- A Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders that delivers comprehensive treatment and support for children at every step of their cancer journey. This includes inpatient care in our hospital and outpatient care throughout treatment.
- A full-service gastroenterology program that offers innovative treatment for everything from inflammatory bowel disease to liver failure.
- Expansive surgical services, including a world-class ambulatory surgery center at Live Oak Surgery Center.
- Care from world-renowned physicians and providers at the Children’s Health Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine. The Andrews Institute team helps young athletes recover from injury, and get training and guidance to perform at the top of their game.
Making care convenient
Starting with our complementary valet parking, we make it as easy and convenient as possible to take a child to the doctor. In fact, many children look forward to coming here because we give them – and their caregivers – our full and undivided attention. Many children love interacting with our facility dogs, who are here to help relieve stress and anxiety. Families also enjoy relaxing under the 100-year-old oak tree on our campus, and we offer a full-service pharmacy that gives you fast access to every medication your child needs.
Growing for the future
We are poised to grow alongside the cities north of Dallas. For example, we are set to build a new, eight-story tower that will be home to 212 patient beds. This will expand our number of patient beds by more than 300% and ensure we can keep offering the same outstanding, convenient care as more and more families arrive here and turn to us.
How much is parking at Children's Medical Center Plano?
Free parking is available at Children's Medical Center Plano for both valet and self-parking.
Complimentary valet parking is available in front of the main hospital entrance.
- Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Saturday - Sunday: Valet not available
After hours, contact security for keys at 469-303-2889.
Self-parking is free at Children’s Medical Center Plano.