$$ Norberto Rodriguez-Baez, MD Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Norberto Rodríguez-Báez, M.D., is a gastroenterologist at Children’s Health℠ and an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
After receiving his medical degree from the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine, he completed his pediatric residency at the school’s University Pediatric Hospital, where he served as chief resident for a year.
Dr. Rodríguez-Báez completed his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at Stanford University Medical Center and Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Rodríguez-Báez’s research interests include viral hepatitis, acute liver failure and fatty liver disease. He has authored and co-authored several papers exploring childhood liver diseases and is actively involved in studies sponsored by the National Institutes of Health.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolUniversity of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (1994)
ResidencyUniversity of Puerto Rico School of Medicine - GME (1998), Pediatrics
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine - GME (1997), Pediatrics
FellowshipSt. Christopher's Hospital for Children (2001), Pediatric Gastroenterology
Conditions & Treatments
Research & Publications
- Liver Failure
- Viral Hepatitis
- Adenovirus Ascending Cholangiohepatitis, Brundler, MA., Rodriguez-Baez, N., Jaffe, R., Weinberg, AG., Rogers, B., Pediatric and Developmental Pathology October 2003 6 (5) 417-425
- Management of Esophageal Strictures in Children, Rodriguez-Baez,N.,Andersen, JM., Current Treatment options in Gastroenterology March 2003 6, (2) 156-9
- Astrovirus, Adenovirus, and Rotavirus in Hospitalized Children: Prevalence and Association With Gastroenteritis, Rodriguez, N., O’Brien, R., Qiu, SQ., Bass, DM., Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition July 2002 35 (1) 64-8
- Growth and Development in Chronic Liver Disease, Rodriguez-Baez, N., Wayman, K., Cox, K., NeoReviews September 2001 2 (9) e211-4
- Mortality Rate Correlated With Number of Pediatric Liver Transplant Performed, Cox, K., Rodriguez-Baez, N., Esquivel, C., Transplant Proceedings February 2001 33 (1-2) 1512-3
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Faculty Award - Awarded by the Pediatric housestaff to the most outstanding faculty in teaching and patient care (2004)
- Outstanding Faculty Award - Awarded by the Pediatric housestaff to the most outstanding faculty in teaching and patient care (2003)
- Outstanding Fellow Award - Awarded by the Department of Pediatrics to the most outstanding fellow in teaching to pediatric housestaff at Stanford University (2000)