Preeti B. Sharma, M.D., is a board-certified pediatric pulmonologist who cares for young patients at Children’s Health℠. Dr. Sharma specializes in the expert care of children who suffer from conditions that affect the lungs, including asthma , cystic fibrosis, sleep-disordered breathing and bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Currently, Dr. Sharma serves as co-director of the Cystic Fibrosis Care Center at UT Southwestern and Children’s Health. She also is the co-director of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Therapeutics Development Center at UT Southwestern and Children’s Health. Dr. Sharma is the pediatric specialist for the Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia Center of Excellence at UT Southwestern.
Her dedication to patient care and professional excellence has resulted in numerous awards. From UT Southwestern, Dr. Sharma earned honors through the Mentorship Excellence in Developing Leaders Program and the Leadership Emerging in Academic Departments Program. She has been named Provider of the Month at Children’s Health and is recognized by D Magazine’s Best Doctors List and DFW Child’s list of Mom-Approved Doctors.
In addition to patient care, Dr. Sharma is active in research and medical education. She has published articles in various medical journals about a wide variety of topics, including obstructive sleep apnea, newborn screening for cystic fibrosis, nutrition in cystic fibrosis patients and hypoxemia in cystic fibrosis lung disease. She is also the Associate Director of the fellowship program in pediatric respiratory medicine at UT Southwestern.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Chicago (2002)
- Montefiore Medical Center (2003), Pediatrics
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore (2003), Pediatrics
- Montefiore Medical Center (2005), Pediatrics
- University of Chicago Medicine - GME (2010), Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
University of Chicago Hospital (2010), Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
Montefiore Medical Center (2006), Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore (2006), Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pulmonology
- Utilization of Parenteral Nutrition in Cystic Fibrosis Patients. Ghazala, Z, Baldwin C, Lazar L, Sharma P, Shaw K, Song Z, Sathe M Journal of Gastroenterology and Metabolism 2018 1 201
- Obstructive sleep apnea in the formerly preterm infant: an overlooked diagnosis. Sharma PB, Baroody F, Gozal D, Lester LA Frontiers in neurology 2011 2 73
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialists 2018-2019, 2021
- Provider of the Month 2015, Children's Health
- Best Doctors in Dallas 2014, D Magazine
- Sheila Putzel Prize 1998, University of Chicago, awarded for exceptional promise as a practicing physician
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.