Meghana Nitin Sathe, MD Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Meghana Sathe, M.D., earned her medical degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Sathe completed her internship and residency in pediatrics and her fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition at Children's Health℠. She is also an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Sathe's clinical interests are general gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition. She has a special interest in cystic fibrosis and is the co-medical director of the Claude Prestidge Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Clinic at Children's Health. She also serves on the Medical Advisory Board of The Alagille Syndrome Alliance.
In addition to clinical care, Dr. Sathe is the associate fellowship director for the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, where she is actively involved in the education of medical students, residents and fellows through lectures, conferences and curriculum development.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolUniversity of Miami Medical School (2003)
InternshipUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2004), Pediatrics
ResidencyUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatrics
FellowshipUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatric Gastroenterology
Conditions & Treatments
Research & Publications
- Congenital enzyme and transport defects. In The NASPGHAN Fellows Concise Review of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Meghana Sathe (2011). New York, NY, Castle Connolly Graduate Medical Publishing, Ltd
- Liver Disease. In Cystic Fibrosis, Sathe M, Feranchak AP (2010).
- Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis and Fat-Soluble Vitamins.. In Diet, Food, Nutrition, and Exercise in Cystic Fibrosis., Sathe M, Feranchak AP (2014). Elsevier
- Cystic Fibrosis Associated Liver Disease. In Liver Disease in Children: 4th edition, Sathe M, Feranchak AP (Pending).
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (2009-2013)
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2006)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2003-2010)
- Texas Medical Association
Awards & Honors
- Top Doctors in Dallas - D Magazine (2013)
- NASPGHAN Teaching & Tomorrow Program, 2nd World Congress, Paris, France (2004)
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Chi, Wellesley College (1999)