Meghana Sathe, M.D., earned her medical degree from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Dr. Sathe completed her internship and residency in pediatrics and her fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition at Children's Health℠. She is also a professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Sathe's clinical interests are general gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition. She has a special interest in Alagille Syndrome and cystic fibrosis (CF) and is the co-medical director of the Claude Prestidge Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Clinic at Children's Health. She also serves on the Medical Advisory Board of The Alagille Syndrome Alliance.
In addition to clinical care, Dr. Sathe is the associate fellowship director for the Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, where she is actively involved in the education of medical students, residents and fellows through lectures, conferences and curriculum development.
Dr. Sathe is a member of several professional societies, including American Board of Pediatrics, Gastroenterology, American Board of Pediatrics and the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
She was named "Best Pediatric Specialists" by D Magazine in 2022.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- University of Miami Medical School (2003)
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2004), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Gastroenterology
- Abdominal Migraines
- Biliary Atresia
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Abdominal Pain (Stomach Ache)
- Colon Polyps
- Colorectal Cancer
- Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome (CVS)
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Dysphagia (Swallowing Disorder)
- Esophageal Strictures
- Failure to Thrive (FTT)
- Familial Adenomatous Polyposis (FAP)
- Fecal Incontinence
- Feeding Disorder (PFD)
- Functional Abdominal Pain Syndrome (FAPS)
- GI Bleeding
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Helicobacter Pylori (H. Pylori) Infection
- Hirschsprung's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Lactose Intolerance
- Liver Failure
- Microscopic Colitis (Lymphocytic Colitis or Collagenous Colitis)
- Necrotizing Enterocolitis (NEC)
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Pancreatic Insufficiency
- Peptic Ulcer
- Rumination Syndrome
- Vomiting and Nausea
Departments and Programs
- Cystic fibrosis and gastrointestinal manifestations including nutrition
- Cystic fibrosis associated liver disease
- Congenital enzyme and transport defects. In The NASPGHAN Fellows Concise Review of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Meghana Sathe (2011). New York, NY, Castle Connolly Graduate Medical Publishing, Ltd
- Liver Disease. In Cystic Fibrosis, Sathe M, Feranchak AP (2010).
- Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis and Fat-Soluble Vitamins.. In Diet, Food, Nutrition, and Exercise in Cystic Fibrosis., Sathe M, Feranchak AP (2014). Elsevier
- Cystic Fibrosis Associated Liver Disease. In Liver Disease in Children: 4th edition, Sathe M, Feranchak AP (Pending).
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2003-2010)
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (2009-2013)
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2006)
- Texas Medical Association
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialists (2013, 2015-2020)
- Texas Super Doctor - Texas Monthly Magazine (2017)
- Top Doctors in Dallas - D Magazine (2013, 2017)
- NASPGHAN Teaching & Tomorrow Program, 2nd World Congress, Paris, France (2004)
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Chi, Wellesley College (1999)
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.