Pediatric Type 2 Diabetes Prevention
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this program is for you and your child!
- Do you have a family history of diabetes?
- Has your child received a prediabetes diagnosis?
- Has your child ever been diagnosed with Acanthosis Nigricans?
Enroll in this free 5-week series for families to enjoy:
- Fun interactive games to help children understand diabetes
- On-site physical activity for the family
- Family grocery store tour from a registered dietitian
- The opportunity to meet and interact with other families
Facilitated by a clinical dietitian or health educator, this 5-week program educates on the risks of Type 2 Diabetes. The child and parent/guardian learn how diabetes affects one’s health and the important role that nutrition and physical activity play in preventing this disease.
This program is available in both English and Spanish for ages 6-14. Classes meet weekly for one and a half hours, and children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. A physician referral is required.