Samir Pandya, M.D., is a pediatric general and thoracic surgeon at Children’s Health℠. He is an associate professor of Surgery at UT Southwestern, the director of Clinical Research and the associate program director of the pediatric surgery fellowship program. Dr. Pandya specializes in minimally invasive surgical techniques with a clinical focus on all diseases affecting the esophagus, chest wall, lungs, stomach and intestines.
Dr. Pandya completed his general surgical residency training at New York Medical College followed by pediatric surgery fellowship training at Emory University/Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
Dr. Pandya was part of a medical team that successfully separated conjoined twins. He has been named a Top Doctor by D Magazine, has received institutional recognition for his clinical work and continues to mentor students, residents and fellows. He joined Children’s Health in 2017.
Dr. Pandya lives in Dallas with his wife and their three children. When he’s not working, he enjoys skiing, target shooting, soccer and football.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Medical College of Virginia School of Medicine (2004)
- Westchester County Medical Center (2009), General Surgery
- Emory University School Of Medicine (2011), Pediatric Surgery
- Board Certification
- American Board of Surgery/Pediatric Surgery
Departments and Programs
- Minimally Invasive Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery
- Gastric Pneumatosis in a Critically-Ill Pediatric Burn Patient: Case Report and Overview of Risk Factors, Diagnosis and Management. Bisgaard E, Hewgley WP, Gee KM, Pandya S, Akarichi C, Arnoldo B, Park C, Journal of burn care & research : official publication of the American Burn Association 2020 Aug
- Road Traffic Accidents and Disparities in Child Mortality. Mokdad AA, Wolf LL, Pandya S, Ryan M, Qureshi FG, Pediatrics 2020 11 146 5
- Timing and volume of crystalloid and blood products in pediatric trauma: An Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma multicenter prospective observational study. Polites SF, Moody S, Williams RF, Kayton ML, Alberto EC, Burd RS, Schroeppel TJ, Baerg JE, Munoz A, Rothstein WB, Boomer LA, Campion EM, Robinson C, Nygaard RM, Richardson CJ, Garcia DI, Streck CJ, Gaffley M, Petty JK, Greenwell C, Pandya S, Waters AM, Russell RT, Yorkgitis BK, Mull J, Pence J, Santore MT, MacArthur T, Klinkner DB, Safford SD, Trevilian T, Vogel AM, Cunningham M, Black C, Rea J, Spurrier RG, Jensen AR, Farr BJ, Mooney DP, Ketha B, Dassinger MS, Goldenberg-Sandau A, Roman JS, Jenkins TM, Falcone RA, The journal of trauma and acute care surgery 2020 07 89 1 36-42
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Association of Academic Surgeons
Awards and Honors
- Top Doctor, D Magazine 2020
- Ambulatory Services Provider of the Month 2020, Children’s Health
- Teaching and Mentorship Award 2015, New York Medical College
- Patient Care Champion 2014, Westchester Medical Center
- Patient Care Champion 2013, Westchester Medical Center
- Top Doctor/Healthcare Professional, Hudson Valley Parent Magazine 2012
- Best of Lap Updates 2012, Pediatric Surgery Update at the Joint meeting of the SLS-MIRA-SRS
- First Place, Clinical Presentation 2011, 1st Annual Pediatric Technology and Surgical Research Forum, Georgia Tech and CHOA
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.