Sadia Malik, M.D., M.B.B.S., M.P.H., is a pediatric cardiologist at Children’s Health℠ who specializes in caring for children diagnosed with genetic heart conditions. She is an associate professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center, where she also serves as the program director for the pediatric cardiology fellowship program.
I am passionate about children’s health and enjoy interacting with parents to help guide them through the life-long, unique and complex care their child will require when facing a congenital heart condition.
After receiving her medical degree from Aga Khan University, she completed an internship at the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and a residency in pediatrics at University of Texas Medical School. She completed an advanced fellowship in pediatric cardiology at UT Southwestern.
“I am passionate about children’s health and enjoy interacting with parents to help guide them through the life-long, unique and complex care their child will require when facing a congenital heart condition,” says Dr. Malik.
Dr. Malik’s areas of expertise include the diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart conditions including cardiomyopathy, Marfan syndrome, valvular heart disease, pulmonary hypertension and more. She participates in research to uncover the possible causes of congenital heart disease, including genetics, and a mother’s exposure to pesticides and tobacco use during pregnancy. Her goal, throughout her career, is to help prevent and identify these conditions to improve children’s heart health.
During her free time, Dr. Malik enjoys traveling and spending time with her family. She speaks English, Urdu and Hindi.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Aga Khan University (1993)
- National Institute of Child Health (1994), Pediatrics
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston (1998), Pediatrics
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2001), Pediatric Cardiology
- Graduate School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (2002)
- Board Certification
- American Board of Pediatrics/Pediatric Cardiology
Departments and Programs
- Genetic causes of congenital heart disease
- Rationalising the use of cardiac catheterisation before Glenn completion. James L, Tandon A, Nugent A, Malik S, Ramaciotti C, Greil G, Zabala L, Forbess J, Hussain T Cardiology in the young 2018 Mar 1-6
- Texas Medical Board (1999)
- American Board of Pediatrics (1998)
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist (2020)
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.