Michele Jacqueline Alkalay, MD Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Michele Alkalay, M.D., earned her medical degree from the Sackler School of Medicine. She completed her internship and residency in pediatrics and her fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition at UT Southwestern Medical Center and Children's Health℠. She is also an assistant professor of pediatrics at UT Southwestern.
After her fellowship, she practiced in New York and was recognized as a top physician in the Brewster area; acquired the certificate of a Leading Physician of the World and Top Health Care Professional from the International Association of HealthCare Professionals; was published in The World Wide Leaders in Health Care; was named in Cambridge Who's Who Doctors of America; and received top patient satisfaction in patient AMGA surveys.
Dr. Alkalay's clinical interests include celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease, fatty liver disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, eosinophilic esophagitis, chronic abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), constipation and encopresis.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolTel-Aviv University (2003)
ResidencyUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatrics
FellowshipUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatric Gastroenterology
Conditions & Treatments
Research & Publications
- Conformationally restricted analogs of BD1008 and an antisense oligodeoxynucleotide targeting sigma1 receptors produce anti-cocaine effects in mice, Matsumoto RR, McCracken KA, Friedman MJ, Pouw B, De Costa BR, Bowen WD Eur. J. Pharmacol. 2001 May 419 2-3 163-74
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (2009-2012)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2006-2012)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2003-2007)
Awards & Honors
- Leading Physician of the World & Top Health Care Professional - The Internal Association of Health Care Professionals (2011)
- The World Wide Leaders in Healthcare - Published in 2011-2012 edition (2011)