Faisal Qureshi, M.D., is a pediatric general and thoracic pediatric surgeon at Children’s Health℠. He is an associate professor of Surgery at UT Southwestern and is the director of the Adolescent Bariatric Surgical Center. His other clinical interests are chest wall disorders, cancer and foregut surgery.
Dr. Qureshi completed a research fellowship in surgery with the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences and at Johns Hopkins University. He completed his general surgical residency at New York-Presbyterian Hospital, a minimally invasive surgery fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh and a pediatric surgical fellowship at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
Dr. Qureshi is a reviewer for the Journal of Pediatric Surgery and has published about 60 peer-reviewed articles and nine book chapters. He lectures all over the world on pediatric surgery topics. Dr. Qureshi has been recognized in D Magazine's list of Best Doctors multiple years.
Dr. Qureshi is married with three children and his interests include hiking and cycling.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- Aga Khan University Medical College (1993)
- New York Hospital Medical Cent (2002), General Surgery
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles (2008), Pediatric Surgery
Keck School of Medicine Office of Graduate Med Edu (2006), Surgical Critical Care
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine - GME (2005), Robotic Surgery
- Graduate School
- George Washington University (2015)
- Board Certification
- American Board of Surgery/Pediatric Surgery
Departments and Programs
- Role of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery in Children
- Extracorporeal Life Support in Children and Newborns
- Predictors of Injury after Road Traffic Accidents in Children
- “Biliary Atresia” in Mastery of Surgery, 5th Edition. Qureshi FG, Ergun O and Ford HR (2005)
- “Burns and Bites” in MCQs in Pediatric Surgery. Qureshi FG, Blanco FC and Newman KD (2011), Radcliffe Publishers
- Burns and Bites” in Extended Questions in Pediatric Surgery. Qureshi FG, Blanco FC and Newman KD (2011), Radcliffe Publishers
- “Lymph Node Disorders” in Pediatric Surgery, 7th Edition. Qureshi FG, Newman KD, Elsevier Press
- pages 197-206 in Management of Gallstones in the Pediatric Patient in Acute Cholecystitis. Ashanti L Franklin, Qureshi FG, Evan P Nadler (2015), Springer International Publishing
- "Pediatric Renal Replacement Therapy" in Spain DS, ed. Scientific American Critical Care of the Surgical Patient. Vaughan NA, Qureshi FG (2018), Hamilton: Decker
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Surgeons
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Association for Academic Surgery
- Society of University Surgeons
Awards and Honors
- D Magazine Best Pediatric Specialist 2018-2020
This provider may offer virtual appointments. Please review our Virtual Visit Specialty Clinics page for instructions on setting up a visit.