On the Children’s Health Plano campus, we have been dedicated to providing quality health care to the growing number of families north of Dallas and beyond since 2008. Anchored by Children’s Medical Center Plano, the first full service hospital north of Dallas focused solely on the care of children, we are equipped with the latest technologies and more than 30 specialties to care for children when and where they need it most, close to home.
As a part of Children’s Health, one of the largest and most prestigious pediatric health systems in the nation, Children’s Health Plano is ready to help patients experiencing a sports injury, seeking critical care and many needs in between.
Today, we proudly serve patients and families who reside north of Dallas and beyond, and we are honored to be able to care for many more children and families in the coming years as we invest in our campus and the surrounding communities.
By the numbers*
|Emergency Room visits
*Numbers as of December 31, 2020
Campus and Facilities
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Full-service laboratory, pharmacy, therapy, respiratory care and imaging services
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit with specially trained providers to care for critically ill patients
- Children’s Health Andrews Institute for Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, the only program of its kind in North Texas for sports-related injuries and prevention, is home to an expansive turf field, aquatic therapy equipment and Sports Performance powered by EXOS
- Specialty Center 1 and Specialty Center 2 offer a full spectrum of services in pediatric specialties and subspecialties
- Live Oak Surgery Center equipped with the latest technology and observation capabilities
- Robust Child Life and Pet Therapy programs
- Amenities include playrooms, a playground, a family resource library as well as pastoral care, guest relations and translation services to serve the entire family during a hospital visit
- 155-acre campus with green space, including a more than 100-year-old oak tree and pasturing horses, providing an environment of health and tranquility for patients and families
A commitment to future generations
In January 2020, we announced our plans to expand Children’s Medical Center Plano. Throughout the next few years, our Plano hospital will transform from a 72-bed facility to a 212-bed facility with the addition of a nearly 300,000-square-foot inpatient tower. In correlation with our physical growth, we are expanding the specialty care capabilities of our cardiology, oncology, gastroenterology, orthopedics and neurology programs, among others, in order to provide the area’s children the opportunity to receive world-class critical and tertiary care closer to home.
Children’s Medical Center Plano and the communities we serve are poised for continued growth. This expansion is an investment in both facilities and our clinical programs. Expanding along with this thriving region will enable Children’s Health to provide care that is uniquely suited for children close to home for this growing portion of the population. We look forward to welcoming patients and families into our expanded space in early 2024.