Located in the Southwestern Medical District in the heart of Dallas, Children's Medical Center Dallas is home to the only academic healthcare system in North Texas that is dedicated exclusively to the comprehensive care of children from birth to age 18. Children's Health℠ is one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country and the fifth largest healthcare provider in the nation.
The Dallas campus, like all of our locations, has been built with patients and visitors in mind. In addition to care tailored especially for children, it offers families and visitors the services and support they need. The campus includes the tranquil Haggerty Chapel, a cafeteria with multiple dining options, family resource libraries, a coffee shop, ATMs and a full-service gift shop. Services such as child life, guest relations, pastoral care and social work help families cope with the issues and concerns that come with having a child in the hospital.
A new front entrance at Children's Medical Center Dallas makes it easier than ever for patients to access our state-of-the-art pediatric care. The covered four-lane driveway off Medical District Drive leads guests directly to the front doorstep of the hospital, only a few steps away from the admitting area.
Our Mission: Make Life Better for Children
Since our humble beginnings in 1913 as a baby camp, we have had a long-standing commitment to our community that includes not only high-quality patient care but also advocacy, education and preventive care with an unwavering focus on our mission.
More than a hundred years later, Children’s Health has grown to become the only academic health care system in North Texas dedicated exclusively to the care of children from birth to adulthood through our nearly sixty-year affiliation with a world-class medical school and research institute at UT Southwestern. Working together, we are pioneering research and breakthroughs in pediatric cancer, heart and liver disease, organ transplants, cerebrovascular disease, regenerative medicine and metabolism.
Today, children and families facing complex medical conditions travel from all over the world to visit our Dallas campus, which includes Children’s Medical Center Dallas, the Children’s Health flagship hospital and one of the top pediatric hospitals in the nation
By the numbers*
|Emergency Room visits
*Numbers as of December 31, 2020
Campus and Facilities
- The only pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center in North Texas
- Full-service laboratory, pharmacy, therapy, respiratory care and imaging services
- 47-bed, Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- State-of-the-art Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, designed with a focus on healing and family centered care
- Dedicated Cardiac Intensive Care Unit, staffed by specially trained providers to care for critically ill heart patients
- Extensive Social Work, Child Life and Pet Therapy programs
- The only pediatric heart transplant program in North Texas
- Advanced Simulation Laboratory used to train care teams on complex patient scenarios
- Comprehensive outpatient behavioral health treatment and services
- Specialty Center Dallas, a six-story facility with a wide array of specialty outpatient services in one convenient location
- 7-Eleven and Children’s Heath teamed up to open the first-ever hospital 7-Eleven pop-up store for health care workers and patient families