Community Partnerships and Programs
At Children’s Health℠, our primary concern every hour of every day is with the health and well-being of all children. So each year, Children’s Health provides a number of education and outreach programs to keep your kids healthy and safe including:
Children’s Health Speakers Bureau: An avenue by which parents, civic groups and area businesses can request expert speakers
Coaches Clinics: Each year, Children’s provides dozens of coaches clinics to educate coaches on the importance of sports injury prevention. During the clinics, we provide sports-specific injury-prevention cards and clipboards to thousands of coaches.
Dallas-Area Safe Kids Coalition: More than a decade ago, Children’s Health formed the Dallas-Area Safe Kids Coalition—the local chapter of Safe Kids Worldwide—to prevent childhood injuries, the leading cause of death in Texas in children ages 1 to 14. Campaign efforts target the use of car seats, bicycle safety, drowning prevention and public policies advocating child safety.
Dean Foods LEAN (Lifestyle Exercise and Nutrition) Families Program: A program that is designed to teach parents and their children a healthy lifestyle through proper nutrition and overall behavior modification
Dental outreach: In 2006, the dental service at Children’s Health started an outreach program at three community prenatal clinics in Dallas. Every other week, hygienists from Children’s Health go to the clinics and provide oral health education and dental health promotion materials to all interested expecting mothers.
Disease management programs: Programs that offer access to evidence-based care and multidisciplinary support for the management of chronic conditions
Get A Move On: Children’s Health is a sponsor of Get A Move On, a city-wide fitness initiative and awareness campaign that is organized by a coalition of community partners. As a member of this coalition, our staff members provide fitness presentations to more than 10,000 students in 157 elementary schools across Dallas.
Know Before You Go: A program that spreads the message that every drowning is preventable when parents take appropriate precautions
Affordable Health Insurance for Children: Children’s is a sponsor of the Dallas CHIP coalition, which seeks to help families with uninsured children apply for affordable health insurance.
Childhood Obesity: Children’s also is a sponsor of the Dallas Area Coalition to Prevent Childhood Obesity, which promotes healthy lifestyles in Dallas area children through physical activity and nutrition.
Immunizations: Children’s collaborates with the Immunize Kids! Dallas Area Partnership to improve immunization rates of area children.
Partnerships Partners Around Dallas
Children’s Medical Center partners with more than 60 community organizations in the Dallas Metroplex that are dedicated to measurably improving the health and well-being of children in Dallas County. Members of the Health and Wellness Alliance for Children cross all sectors, including health, education, government, nonprofits and the faith community and partner to address critical pediatric health issues.
Here is a sampling of organizations we work with:
- American Heart Association A non-profit that fosters appropriate cardiac care in an effort to reduce disability and deaths caused by cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- AVANCE A nonprofit that supports Latino families with programs that focus on parent education, early childhood development, brain development, literacy and more.
- Building Community Workshop – Nonprofit design center working to improve communities’ livability and viability.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield –Health insurance partner.
- Bryan’s House - Nonprofit that offers medically-managed child care, adolescent programs and family support services to children, teens and their families.
- Child Care Group – Nonprofit providing child care, early childhood care and education services outside the home for low-income Dallas families.
- City of Mesquite – An eastern suburb of Dallas.
- City Square Community Health Services – Changing the trajectory of peoples’ lives by fighting the causes and effects of poverty through service, advocacy and friendship.
- Cook Children’s Medical Center
- Cynthia Mickens Ministries – A community servant for children, the elderly and women.
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit
- Dallas County Health and Human Services – Protecting the health of the community through disease prevention and intervention, and promoting a health community end environment.
- Dallas Housing Authority – Provides qualified families with safe, affordable housing.
- Dallas Independent School District – Second largest school district in Texas and 12th largest in the United States.
- EPA Children’s Environmental Health – Dedicated to the environmental health of children where they live, learn and play.
- H.I.S. Bridgebuilders – Christian movement to restore urban communities though education, health, economic development and spiritual development.
- Head Start of Greater Dallas Inc. – Serves more than 4,400 low-income, preschool-age children and their families at 46 center locations throughout Dallas County.
- Jubilee Park & Community Center – Employs a comprehensive strategy intended to strengthen elements that create prosperity in any neighborhood – community ownership, education, public health, public safety and housing.
- Junior League of Dallas – Organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
- Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic – A federally funded community health center in Dallas County designed to provide comprehensive primary care services that prevent illness and promote health.
- Medical City Children’s Hospital
- Methodist Charlton Health System
- North Texas Council of Governments – Voluntary association of, by and for local governments established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development.
- Parkland Community Health Plan – Dallas-based regional managed care organization created to serve as a bridge connecting the community’s uninsured population to programs and services.
- Parkland Health & Hospital System
- Parkland Youth and Family Centers – partnership between Parkland Health & Hospital System and Dallas Independent School District to create health care facilities on school campuses.
- Path-Way to Life Center of Hope Church – Hutchins, Texas, ministry of Dr. Cynthia Mickens.
- PediPlace – Not-for-profit pediatric clinic providing a broad scope of health services in North Texas.
- Regional Hispanic Contractors Association –Promotes and supports the advancement and economic growth of the Hispanic Contractors in Texas.
- Samuelson Health and Wellness Solutions – Healthcare and disease prevention analyst.
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center – Flagship medical school of the University of Texas system.
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
- Walgreens Company
- YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas – Offers youth development and healthy living programs, as well as social programs, in the Dallas metro area.