Saima Kayani, M.D., is a pediatric neurologist with special training in medical genetics at Children's Health℠. She is an assistant professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Kayani earned her medical degree at King Edward Medical University, Pakistan and completed her residency at UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center in medical genetics and child neurology. She is board certified in pediatrics and neurology.
Dr. Kayani is passionate about helping children with rare disorders and finding better ways to treat these children.
Education and Training
- Medical School
- King Edward Medical College, Lahore (2002)
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2012), Pediatric Neurology
Scott and White Hospital/Texas A&M University GME (2009), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2014), Medical Genetics
- Board Certification
- American Board of Psy&Neurology/Child Neurology
- Triheptanoin in glucose trans 1-D mice
- The role of intravenous levetiracetam in management of status epilepticus
- Role of intravenous levetiracetam in acute seizure management of children. Kirmani BF, Crisp ED, Kayani S, Rajab H Pediatric neurology 2009 Jul 41 1 37-9
- The safety and tolerability of newer antiepileptic drugs in children and adolescents. Kayani S, Sirsi D Journal of central nervous system disease 2012 4 51-63
- American Academy of Neurology (2015)
- Child Neurology Society (2015)