$$ Rinarani Monish Sanghavi, MD Associate Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center
UTSW Physician Practicing at Children's Health
Rinarani Sanghavi, M.D., is the director of the Neurogastroenterology and GI motility program and co-director of the Functional Abdominal Pain and the Pediatric Aerodigestive programs at Children’s Health℠. She is a pediatric gastroenterologist who specializes in pediatric GI motility, neurogastroenterology, aerodigestive disorders, abdominal pain, anorectal malformations and bowel management. Additionally, she was the first to place a gastric stimulator in a pediatric patient in North Texas.
Dr. Sanghavi earned her medical degree from Seth G.S. Medical College in Mumbai, India. She completed a pediatrics residency at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in New York City and a pediatric gastroenterology fellowship at Children's Medical Center Dallas. In addition, she has trained in GI motility at Boston Children’s, Nationwide Children’s and at Cincinnati Childrens.
"I enjoy being able to make a difference in the lives of young children and then see that life blossom into an adult that makes a difference in society and our world," Dr. Sanghavi says.
Dr. Sanghavi was named a “Mom-Approved Doctor” by DFWChild in 2012, 2014 and 2016.
She enjoys spending her free time volunteering at school, dancing and with her 2 young children.
Education and Training
Medical SchoolSeth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College (2000)
InternshipSeth Gorbandas Sunderdas Medical College (1999), Pediatrics
ResidencyState University of NY Health Science Ctr/Brooklyn (2004), Pediatrics
FellowshipUT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2007), Pediatric Gastroenterology
Conditions & Treatments
Research & Publications
- Anorectal Malformations
- Bowel Management
- Chronic Abdominal Pain
- GI Motility Disorders
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (ANMS)
- Motility Lab Certified by ANMS
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN)
- NASPGHAN Neurogastroenterology Committee
- Texas Medical Association
Awards & Honors
- Most Influential Women in Neurogastroenterology - Texas, Global Health and Pharma (2017)
- Mom Approved Doctor, DFW/North Texas Child Magazine (2012, 2014, 2016)
- Takeda Travel Grant Award - Award to further knowledge in motility (2008)
- Outstanding Resident Award - Best Resident in Program (2007)
- Young Investigators’ Forum - 5th Annual Functional Brain Gut Research (2007)